Author Topic: The Once and Future Perry Campaign  (Read 5812 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Once and Future Perry Campaign
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »
...This may sound a little picky, but it is a pet peeve of mine when ANY politican claims they created a job. It needs to read "more private sector jobs have been created in Texas". Politicans do not create jobs. Politicans can only inhibit job creation by over regulation, taxation, etc. I wish we had a politican with this mindset instead of how they create jobs.

I agree in principle with what you're saying. I'd quibble only slightly, in that political influence over job creation is not only inhibitive. Government can also adopt policy that helps the private sector flourish - usually by standing aside, but not always. But that is a small quibble that leaves your point fully intact: government helps the private sector most when it does nothing.

I guess I would say too that I get why a politician would highlight a positive job-growth tenure in office with the simplified version, claiming at least partial credit for job-growth policies. As a business owner, you understand there is much more to the story. I think though, if we had a President who suddenly undid everything Obama and the Democrats have done to destroy economic growth, we may be inclined to forgive that person for taking some political credit.

In my mind, there is a vast difference in the self congratulory slap on the back in claiming " I have created a job" vs an administration hiliting economic policy which will allow American business to do what WE do best. Imo, it is completely different messages.

I would go gaga if a candidate said "i'm gonna get out of the way and I'm gonna remove policy in the way"..... The people would accept it because it's just ambiguous enough for the huddled masses and the informed would know exactly what was meant. In other words, I'd outobama obama...and follow thru.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »
Bachmann is going so it is not restricted to declared only.

She declared.

charlesoakwood

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
Stand up and stop apologizing
Of all the speakers of the three-day confab, Perry was the best-received, even more so than Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), who was a close second. Perry got a standing ovation when he took the stage, several times during his speech, and at the end.

“He’s the man,” one man said to a woman right after Perry’s speech.

“Him and Bachmann,” she responded. “That’s the ticket.”

ETA: This is a better link than the RCP link - especially if your connection is slow. LINK

6/18/11 - Here is complete video of Texas Gov. Rick Perry speaking today at the Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans. From the speech Perry delivered, it is clear he is not just preparing to launch a campaign - he sounded like a man launching a movement.
Real Clear Politics Video: LINK

"It saddens me when sometimes my fellow Republicans duck and cover in the face of pressure from the left. Our party cannot be all things to all people," Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)

LINK
"This administration in Washington that's in power now clearly believes that government is not only the answer to every need, but it's the most qualified to make the most central decisions for every American in every area," . [Obama's approach to the economy is] "an affront to every freedom-loving American and a threat to every private sector job in this country."

_ _ _ _ Governor Rick Perry, (Tx)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:59:47 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »
He is saying a lot of good stuff, and it appears he may be gearing up for a run.  Sounds like right now he is speed-dialing donors...if a money-bomb solicitation comes along I would take that as a pretty positive indication.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »

Perry - Bachmann could become the "Dream Team".

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
Too early to say.  Perry does have some of his own issues to overcome.  Saying nice things now is one thing...jumping in with both feet and having his record examined by peers another.  I can be patient for now and let the process proceed.  In the meantime I am enjoying seeing my gal Michele do well.  Assuming she's in it to just settle for Veep I think is naive, misguided and possibly offensive.  I would rather see her stay in my district than settle for second banana, and not knowing who the top of the ticket it could be a disaster.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
Too early to say.  Perry does have some of his own issues to overcome.  Saying nice things now is one thing...jumping in with both feet and having his record examined by peers another.  I can be patient for now and let the process proceed.  In the meantime I am enjoying seeing my gal Michele do well.  Assuming she's in it to just settle for Veep I think is naive, misguided and possibly offensive.  I would rather see her stay in my district than settle for second banana, and not knowing who the top of the ticket it could be a disaster.

She's not in it for the Veep, she got the fire.  She is impressive but... well, considering only the group up there who else? They are either retreads, Ruling Class or same ol same ol.  Cain, but he is not upgrading his presentation.  I wouldn't want to lose her either and more importantly she is a needed force in the house.   No offense intended for her as Veep.  A Perry/Bachmann ticket would pull both ends of the continent and that could be overwhelming to adversaries. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

She's not in it for the Veep, she got the fire.  She is impressive but... well, considering only the group up there who else? They are either retreads, Ruling Class or same ol same ol.  Cain, but he is not upgrading his presentation.  I wouldn't want to lose her either and more importantly she is a needed force in the house.   No offense intended for her as Veep.  A Perry/Bachmann ticket would pull both ends of the continent and that could be overwhelming to adversaries. 

Yeah, a lot depends on how this shakes out and who floats to the top.  If Michele accepts a Veep spot it will have to be offered by a candidate she can identify with and respect, it won't be just anybody, that's all I'm trying to convey.  Wether that could be Perry or someone else is up for debate.  Romney is going to annoy the heck out of me, he has too much cash right now so he'll run the string out, and overcoming the Ruling Class clowns, fighting the MFM and resisting the urge to destroy themselves simultaneously is a lot to overcome whenever Repub's congregate!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »

Romney won't get it, there are viable alternatives from which the base may choose. He could have redeemed himself over the past four years but has steadfastly resisted.  Romney could win a national election but not the primary. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »
True, but his pile of cash ensures he'll be meddlesome for some time...potentially draining the resources of better options.  I'd like to think that if he gets buried in several early primaries he graciously bows out, but that pile of money could make it difficult to just walk away...  And then you also have to worry about who he would endorse even if he does bow out...that endorsement could be beneficial or detrimental...depending upon your horse in the race.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
I'm irritated by states with open primaries. Meddling from the Left will be widespread next year since they have nothing to miss in their own primary. Two of the high profile early primaries, NH and SC, both have open primaries too.  ::facepalm::

Was Romney's asinine statement about global warming designed to highlight himself as the choice for interlopers? It's all about securing the nomination...by whatever means necessary, right?

Romney will almost certainly win in New Hampshire, because Republicans there would be Democrats in any other region of the country. Let's hope this is followed up by a rebuke in South Carolina. I hate this tendency of Republicans to just fall into line with whatever small momentum is established in the first few primaries.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 11:19:04 AM »
I agree.

And conservative/Tea Party turnout in SC will be key to overcoming leftist shenannigans and Ruling Class operatives!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »
I agree.

And conservative/Tea Party turnout in SC will be key to overcoming leftist shenannigans and Ruling Class operatives!

And having the right kind of Governor helps loads.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
I agree.

And having the right kind of Governor helps loads.

Yeah, and leftnuts hate her too, so maybe she can run interference for the candidates and draw their fire!

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »

Rick Perry will be in New Hampshire in October to check out the spectacular foliage, and speak at a fundraising dinner for the Cornerstone Action Group.   In the meantime Texas Democrats are invesitigating him pilforing petty cash to pay for his jaunts.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

Rick Perry will be in New Hampshire in October to check out the spectacular foliage, and speak at a fundraising dinner for the Cornerstone Action Group.   In the meantime Texas Democrats are invesitigating him pilforing petty cash to pay for his jaunts.

Heh, funny.  Perry is a saint compared to Pelosi, Obama, Clinton...

::)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »

LINK

[blockquote]
A political showdown is brewing in the Lone Star State.

On one side is Texas governor Rick Perry, who is considering a late entry into the GOP presidential race. And on the other are allies of former Texas governor (and, of course, president) George W. Bush,...
[/blockquote]             

Here's a clue.  There was no nurturing from Governor Bush and the only alliance was a Rovian numerological one designed to improve his boss's position in Texas.  Witness Perry's last campaign against Kay Hutchison where the Bush's and Rove et al were allied with Mrs. Hutchison.  Whatever Bush did for Perry was politics, they warn't never buddies. Whatever Perry is he is not Ruling Class material.  He'd better remember it too.

This is an indication that the MSM believe Perry is in and they are chumming the water.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »
I read elsewhere that the Texas legislature made public records secret (allegedly) to hide his campaign travel details

I don't trust him

Sorry

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 04:08:50 AM »

In the meantime Texas Democrats are invesitigating him pilforing petty cash to pay for his jaunts.

I seriously doubt that he's that stupid .