Author Topic: The Once and Future Perry Campaign  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Once and Future Perry Campaign
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
I don't think he's that dumb either, if evidence lets see it.

Also in the news-MFM plays up rift w/Bush.  Like people cannot disagree with each others actions without it being a rift?  In demonrat circles its called healthy debate...whatever.  Anyway, if Perry statements are accurate, I cannot say his characterization of NCLB etc is off base.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20076936-503544.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »

Gov. Rick Perry met Tuesday with former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf to exchange ideas about improving the economy and discuss the strained relationship between the U.S. and Pakistani governments.

Rick and Anita Perry dined with Pervez Musharraf and his wife at an Austin, Texas hotel.
The governor voiced concern that the historical relationship between our two countries are at not going well.

Musharraf later reflected that the essence of nations relationships is trust and that relations were excellent through 2008.

LINK

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 07:09:14 AM »
6th in the Iowa poll...no sentiment there to lure him in...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
At this point I'm of the mind that we should line up around Michele Bachmann and try to make sure she has early momentum. We need to decapitate the Romney campaign within the first few primaries, and I think the best way to do that is for there to be a clear challenger and Tea Party favorite. If it comes down to "Romney and an assortment of others" we know how it's going to turn out.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
At this point I'm of the mind that we should line up around Michele Bachmann and try to make sure she has early momentum. We need to decapitate the Romney campaign within the first few primaries, and I think the best way to do that is for there to be a clear challenger and Tea Party favorite. If it comes down to "Romney and an assortment of others" we know how it's going to turn out.

::cool::

::thumbsup::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »

Yep....Bachmann picked up support and seems to have stripped it away from other, more conservative opponents. From what I saw this morning, Romney stayed at around 25%.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
At this point I don't see a reason not to support the Lady.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 06:31:31 PM »
LINK

Break the spend-and-borrow cycle
By Rick Perry and Nikki Haley, Published: July 14

As governors of states whose residents, like all Americans, are desperate for the restoration of fiscal responsibility in Washington, we are proud to have signed the “Cut, Cap and Balance Pledge” amid the debate over once again raising the federal debt ceiling.

We oppose an increase in the federal debt limit unless three common-sense conditions are met: substantial cuts in spending; enforceable spending caps to put the country on a path to a balanced budget; and congressional passage of a balanced-budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution. That amendment should include a requirement for a congressional supermajority to approve any increases in taxes.

Article at LINK

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 06:58:37 AM »
LINK

Break the spend-and-borrow cycle
By Rick Perry and Nikki Haley, Published: July 14

As governors of states whose residents, like all Americans, are desperate for the restoration of fiscal responsibility in Washington, we are proud to have signed the “Cut, Cap and Balance Pledge” amid the debate over once again raising the federal debt ceiling.

We oppose an increase in the federal debt limit unless three common-sense conditions are met: substantial cuts in spending; enforceable spending caps to put the country on a path to a balanced budget; and congressional passage of a balanced-budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution. That amendment should include a requirement for a congressional supermajority to approve any increases in taxes.

Article at LINK

::thumbsup::

More please!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
This whole "I feel a calling" thing kind of creeps me out.  This guy does have a history of putting his finger into the wind and following the wind wherever it goes.

Bachmann leaving her church for political expediancy.  Not good.  Smells like Ed Rollins is starting to get to her, and that can never mean good things.  The reason people like you, Michele, is that you're authentic.  This is not helping the authentic quotient.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »

Ed Rollins is a big water balloon in the face.  I had forgotten about him. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
Forgetting him should be mandatory!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
Forgetting him should be mandatory!

As long as Bachmann does, too.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
This whole "I feel a calling" thing kind of creeps me out. 

<snip>

::facepalm::   ::bashing::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »
This whole "I feel a calling" thing kind of creeps me out.  This guy does have a history of putting his finger into the wind and following the wind wherever it goes.

Bachmann leaving her church for political expediancy.  Not good.  Smells like Ed Rollins is starting to get to her, and that can never mean good things.  The reason people like you, Michele, is that you're authentic.  This is not helping the authentic quotient.

I don't think he meant that as a religious calling.That would put me off too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie