Author Topic: Mediterranean Diet May "Protect" Brain From Alzheimer's Disease  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
"Our study suggests that eating a diet that's high in unsaturated fats, fish, fruits and vegetables, and low in dairy and red meat may actually protect your brain from the protein build-up that can lead to memory loss and dementia,"

No red meat, no dairy...

Why don't they just shoot me and get it over with?   ::outrage::

Whatever...still trying to give alcoholism a shot...beats everything else running in my clan...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Mediterranean Diet May "Protect" Brain From Alzheimer's Disease
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 09:37:08 AM »
What study?  Pfffft.  It's well known that the B vitamins in red meat are crucial to brain health.  That's why vegetarians are loons and look weak.

Just another push in the vegan direction.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 09:43:10 AM »
Yeah, even those vegan burger commercials get my hackles up!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 07:05:44 PM »

There is also evidence that saturated fats are better for you than polyunsaturated fats.
There is NO good evidence that red meat is bad for you. All such early studies were shown to be bad.
I had a video on in background.

https://youtu.be/1rz-8H_i1wA

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:35 AM »
I am a proud carnivore.  Most studies, as we know now...are tainted by agenda by rent-seeking whores...usually only discernable by snake-charmer language like "probably", "likely", "may be", "can be"...and like Climate Cultists if they aren't pulling pooh right out their arses they are employing misleading statistical analyses...

I like how they ignore and presstitutes pass on actual trials that prove red meat is not the demon they were hoping it was.

Your DeepState, your DemCom pols, your Quisling DecptiCons, your MarxistMedia and CronyCapitalist cabalists are pumping toxins into you, stoking wars and in some cases outright murdering you...and red meat has nothing to do with it.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 12:07:35 PM »

There is an episode of The Good Wife, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot where they lobby govt for one food pyramid vs another. Humorous.
I recall the original USDA food pyramid was influenced by contributions to LBJ.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 12:48:23 PM »
I just found this. I linked to a one minute segment where he shows 3 slides of what was common wisdom on what caused obesity, carbs. This was until the scientists came up with their food pyramid. The third slide lists foods to avoid. Bread, cereals, potatoes, sugar.

https://youtu.be/Zk9N7ERNtmg?t=2512

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 01:10:23 PM »
Sugar hard to avoid...bread/cereals I get and could opt away from most...spuds...OK I like spuds...baked, mashed, fried...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 04:11:10 PM »
I think if one doesn't overdo the potatoes -- every day -- they're not really harmful.  They have other helpful elements in them besides being carbs.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »
True, most of my "dieting" isn't really "dieting" per se but a portion management discipline...I eat the same stuff I like, just in smaller portions and/or not as frequent a meal....I'm not gaining weight, not losing either just maintaining the same about 2 decades now...but my cholesterol is in check (albeit barely) and the rest of my measurables in-norm...because I do not want medication and all the nasty side-effects they generate.  Spuds can go in spurts, like with steak, meatloaf...a cheeseburger.  What's hard to kick is the nefarious potato chip...lunch is lunch meat sandwich and...yeah.  Kettle chips maybe less nefarious than standard variety I think.  I can do better...and I should.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 04:49:21 PM »
True, most of my "dieting" isn't really "dieting" per se but a portion management discipline...I eat the same stuff I like, just in smaller portions and/or not as frequent a meal....I'm not gaining weight, not losing either just maintaining the same about 2 decades now...but my cholesterol is in check (albeit barely) and the rest of my measurables in-norm...because I do not want medication and all the nasty side-effects they generate.  Spuds can go in spurts, like with steak, meatloaf...a cheeseburger.  What's hard to kick is the nefarious potato chip...lunch is lunch meat sandwich and...yeah.  Kettle chips maybe less nefarious than standard variety I think.  I can do better...and I should.

Hmmm.  Is it that you want crunchies with your sandwich?  Have you considered pork rinds instead?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 07:54:46 AM »

Hmmm.  Is it that you want crunchies with your sandwich?  Have you considered pork rinds instead?

I like contrast in my meals, yes.   :D  I don't even recall seeing rinds anywhere around here...Karen's probably banned them...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 07:58:46 AM »
Asian grocery stores carry them.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 08:17:39 AM »
Really?  Hmm, maybe I have to roll into Seoul Oriental Foods then.   :D

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 08:34:30 AM »
I hanker for creamy + crunchy . . .

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »
I get the bacon bits in the little packages in the cold section...fresher, meatier.  Or I use leftover from breakfasts.  Mmm....bacon!   ::whoohoo::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »
I hanker for creamy + crunchy . . .

https://www.kensfoods.com/products/creamy-caesar

I see that soy bean oil is the first ingredient.  I am going through my salad dressings to get some idea as to what they taste like as almost all are new to me. Later I will pick the ones I like the best and see how to make them with healthy ingredients. They will not last very long in the refrigerator but that is OK.  I tried some poppy seed dressing and threw it out.  I did not like the taste.

I am not a health food nut. I drink too much. Eating one meal a day is slowly making pounds drop off. The whole seed/vegetable oil issue caught my attention.  We are eating oils that were only invented 120 years ago or eating them in much greater quantities.
https://drcate.com/list-of-good-fats-and-oils-versus-bad/

There is even a recipe for making mayo from olive or avacado oil. I will try it someday.The taste is said vary much with the oil.
https://youtu.be/YAUeTZBTA8I?list=PL3fAtJCT7a9gOCUTUQlvRVmvJEJfiiDf2

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 01:13:22 PM »

I like contrast in my meals, yes.   :D  I don't even recall seeing rinds anywhere around here...Karen's probably banned them...

Grocery stores stock them where they stock the chips and the popcorn.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 01:44:28 PM »

Grocery stores stock them where they stock the chips and the popcorn.

Yeah, that's one of those aisles that is very busy with packed shelves and can be a PITA to find things unless you are used to the packaging...   ::outrage::