Author Topic: there's still mask nazis  (Read 552 times)

Offline Lady Virginia

there's still mask nazis
« on: May 13, 2021, 11:46:57 AM »
Sometimes you just have a feeling.

I went to Aldi's today. As I always do I make sure their mask sign out front still allows for medical exemptions.  I walked past a bunch of employees as I shopped. With a full cart I was one item away from going to the check out when it happened.

"Ma'am you're required to wear a mask."

I look towards the voice and it's another shopper. A woman. I'm guessing 30s (maybe early 40s).

A dozen responses flashed through my mind.

But alas I said "Not for medical exceptions"
I paused, took a step and said "It's on their sign out front" and walked off.

I wanted to say well Karen you have a mask on so you should be "safe"
OR
Learn to read before you harass people.

But I didn't.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: there's still mask nazis
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 12:01:01 PM »
Yeah, I call that one the "is this idiot worth going to prison over" hesitation...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
"Which LAW "requires" me to wear a mask?"

There isn't any.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »
Yeah, I call that one the "is this idiot worth going to prison over" hesitation...

I wanted to say, well, Karen, you have a mask so you should be "safe"

OR
learn to read before you harass someone.

I was going to ignore her but I opted for the med exemption because the last time it happened to me I ignored the person and didn't have the satisfaction of responding.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 12:47:59 PM »

I wanted to say, well, Karen, you have a mask so you should be "safe"

OR
learn to read before you harass someone.

I was going to ignore her but I opted for the med exemption because the last time it happened to me I ignored the person and didn't have the satisfaction of responding.

I'm not questioning your method of handling the confrontation, however, your medical exemption is your affair and is therefore your private business.

I've done that, and it annoyed me thinking I have to offer an excuse or a reason to refuse to accede to their weaponized hypochondria.  Now, I'll just say NO and walk away.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Lady Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

I'm not questioning your method of handling the confrontation, however, your medical exemption is your affair and is therefore your private business.

I've done that, and it annoyed me thinking I have to offer an excuse or a reason to refuse to accede to their weaponized hypochondria.  Now, I'll just say NO and walk away.

I agree. I shouldn't have to give a reason. And on occasion I just ignore.

I actually had a woman run from me one day while shopping saying NO Mask! And she stayed away from me lurking around the corner until I moved to another aisle.

But note I didn't say *I* had an exemption.

One time the guy at the door a Sam's club stopped me and I asked "You accept medical exceptions?" He said "Oh, yes go ahead." I just asked a question. ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 01:49:51 PM »
Yes, Ma'am.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »
HIPPA is supposed to protect medical privacy...but if a person volunteers that info they've waived their HIPPA rights...most folks do not know that...and most folks are breaking the law by asking...if asked "HIPPA doesn't give you a right to ask that, you are attempting to circumvent HIPPA law" is the proper response...though a flourish to spank them with added on is my SOP...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.