Author Topic: To me electric has some big issues to resolve  (Read 274 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
To me electric has some big issues to resolve
« on: May 25, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
Started with reading this...

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/tow-range-anxiety-builds-fords-all-new-f-150-electric-truck

...yeah tow-range might be a wee issue, but not "the" issue"...it's the power plant.  The Tesla engine, based on a ancient design by auto era timeline, is a fabulous design.  But until batteries improve range cannot improve nor efficiency and practicality of use.  And, what people always forget...the charge has to come from somewhere...akin to the food question (grocery store!) imbeciles will say "the outlet"!  But with the Marxists championing the eco-insanity of the climate cult and the hatred of all things fossil...they either have to build a sh!tload of nuke plants (pissing off Code Pink and sundry anti-nukians) or they need something new.

There's a lot of ground to cover from here to whatever...so I continue to see electric as a cute novelty or of limited utility that will not overtake the nefarious internal combustion engine until batteries improve (pssst, don't mention the toxic side effects of the current materials!) and power generation improves.

ETA - oldie but a goodie...

H/T - CTH
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:55:23 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.