Author Topic: An interesting take on Russia by a Russian who spent time in America  (Read 265 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Go back to any of my threads about Russia and you'll see my various assertions on the Russian psyche being their main obstacle to happiness in this world...and this girls take appears to reinforce that.  Being a people who are a product of essentially two barbarian warlord tribes a psyche tends to become bred into the stock for hardship to the point where hardship isn't just accepted, it is expected.  Flash-forward through a history of often brutal Rus rulers, Imperial Czars, despotic Communists and sundry wars, pogroms and oppression...oligarchic corruption and domination...well...a general depression, cynicism and fatalism is understandable, though sad and is not conducive to avoiding catastrophes.

https://youtu.be/vJCHXnCRgts

Maybe she can help people to start looking up, smile a bit and experience some optimism.  Worth a shot.

Watched this last night, found it very interesting, will have to explore her other topics.

I always thought if Russia could shake off its malaise and smooth the chip on its shoulder it could be a powerful and beneficial ally.  But in a Russian kind of way I despair it to be an unreachable goal, and it certainly will not be positively aided by the psychotic Marxists in America...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.