Author Topic: What are you watching on TV, Internet?  (Read 3825 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: What are you watching on TV, Internet?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2022, 05:54:38 PM »
Hulu - The Orville (Seth Mcfarlands unselected Star Trek Pitch)  3 seasons
Paramount + - Star Trek Discovery 4 seasons, Picard  2 seasons, Star Trek  Lower Decks (cartoon) 3 seasons, Star trek Prodigy (cartoon) 1 season
Netflix - Stranger Things  4 seasons,  The Umbrella Academy 3 seasons

Some other stuff, mostly sci-fi or fantasy related.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2022, 07:45:03 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2022, 09:41:28 AM »
Eschew Obfuscation

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2023, 04:30:33 PM »
I had to watch this again. In Kazakhstan. He and his sometimes GF got a ride to a point 30 km from the likely place, then walked 30 km, partly at night to the old hangars, slept in a building, then broke in to see the Soviet Space shuttle. They had been told if caught this was automatic jail time. They got a fine and maybe a tour. Worth watching to the end.

They are such a cute pair. IRL she is a Belarusian with a MS in structures and works for some big engineering firm somewhere.

https://youtu.be/0fZ-r5Qe3tM?t=1907

This Video Caused An International Incident! ( Spaceship Discovery )

bald and bankrupt
3.84M subscribers
4,754,532 views Jul 31, 2022
🇷🇺Since we began exploring the former USSR we have discovered all kinds of wonderful examples of Soviet art and technology. However this time I went in search of the biggest prize of all…I just didn’t realise it would cause such a fuss as it did. Glory to the Soviet space engineers and cosmonauts! Glory to the Buran!
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2023, 05:28:09 PM »
Hulu - The Orville (Seth Mcfarlands unselected Star Trek Pitch)  3 seasons
Paramount + - Star Trek Discovery 4 seasons, Picard  2 seasons, Star Trek  Lower Decks (cartoon) 3 seasons, Star trek Prodigy (cartoon) 1 season
Netflix - Stranger Things  4 seasons,  The Umbrella Academy 3 seasons

Some other stuff, mostly sci-fi or fantasy related.
Loved Orville. I found ST Discovery to be unwatchable, filled with ridiculous premises that made suspension of disbelief impossible, and woke BS from wall to wall. I gave Disco three full seasons, and the only reason I watched Season 3 was because the introduction of Pike and Spock in season 2 gave me hope that season 3 would “right the ship” (pun intended). After the train wreck of season 3, I gave up on Disco. Picard Seasons 1 & 2 were watchable fan service - Season 3 was a glorious trip down nostalgia lane that left me weeping more than once. Currently enjoying Strange New Worlds. For the most part it gives me hope that Trek is not doomed to a similar fate as the Disco debacle.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2023, 05:33:46 PM »
A couple shows I’ve really been enjoying are “Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix, and “Bosch” on Amazon Prime. Both series are based on book characters created by the same author. Bosch has several seasons, Lincoln Lawyer just two.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2023, 05:49:17 PM »
Season 6 of Better Call Saul.  Holy cow...    ::rockets::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2023, 09:27:58 AM »
I am easily amused.
I rewatched a Bald and Bankrupt episode from Sokh. One of his best. His and her personalities are priceless.
He and Belarusian GF Alina try to fly into an enclave named Sokh. They previously were not allowed to drive in.

12 min they fly in a Soviet era biplane.
18 min they are introduced to their room with three narrow beds.
Alina asks for a stranger to be put next to her.
They are given a boring tour. Mr. Bald  is nasty.

25 min the tour guy takes them to his nice home and feeds him.
Mr. Bald: Now I feel bad for all the bad things we said.
Alina: We??? You acted like total a**hole. :lolh:

26:43 they ditch the tour guy and ride off with some guy in a soviet era motorcycle with a flatbed sidecar.

They teach the children of Sokh in Tajik language and customs.

https://youtu.be/34XymEDY9Wc

Entering A Mysterious Exclave You've Never Heard Of ( In A Soviet Bi-plane )
bald and bankrupt
3.85M subscribers
3,200,656 views  May 17, 2022
Earlier this year myself and Alina tried entering an Uzbek exclave surrounded entirely by Kyrgyzstan. If you saw the video you will know that we were not allowed in. But we don't give up that easy...And so when we discovered that there was a new flight route started up from Uzbekistan to the unknown exclave of Sokh we decided we would have to investigate and try to get in somehow to see what lay there beyond the mountains. Oh and it just happened to mean flying on an old Soviet bi-plane. How could anyone resists such an adventure?!
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown