Author Topic: Will Rush Get To Buy An NFL Franchise?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Will Rush Get To Buy An NFL Franchise?
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »
Limbaugh teased at the end of his show today that the news of his secret project will be out on Wednesday?

Will it be that he is buying an NFL team? I find it a pretty easy guess to make since we know that he wants one and that he is unlikely to take "no" for an answer especially after getting seriously put down in 2009 when attempting to become a mere minority partner in the St. Louis Rams.

There is, of course, a rumor floating around that the Vikings are in his sights...

There are speculative whispers that Rush Limbaugh is once again interested in owning an NFL team. In 2009 it was the St. Louis Rams that Limbaugh fancied. Now he may – emphasis on may - have interest in getting his hands on the Minnesota Vikings.

The speculation centers around a recent interview Limbaugh did with former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty in which Pawlenty turns the tables on Limbaugh and asks a rather interesting, loaded question.

Pawlenty: The rumor is you’re gonna buy ‘em and move ‘em. Is that true?
Limbaugh: (laughing) Well, uh, this interview is about you. (laughing)
When Pawlenty then laughed, Limbaugh said, “I’ll keep [the interview] focused on you.”

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Will Rush Get To Buy An NFL Franchise?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
Fine with me, we could use some new blood, and seeing Rush piss off all these Minnesota leftists would be a hoot!  If he buys I hope the team stays, just to stick it to the libiots here!

::whoohoo::

Also, I wonder if Rush and any other investors he brings along would be interested in going the Jerry Jones route and build the new stadium on their own dime so as to control all the revenue sources!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
I don't know what the price tag would be, nor do I know the extent of Limbaugh's resources. I think that you would be pretty safe in assuming that he's worth more today than he was two years ago when he tried to get in on the Rams action. So who knows?

Yeah, I hope that he keeps the Vikings in MN for the same reason. I honestly don't see him being able to hold the taxpayers hostage for funding a new stadium. That would not be keeping with his "no government handouts" principle.

The thing that I find most compelling about a Limbaugh ownership is that he is an unapologetic fan of the NFL. He truly loves football and that is something not seen frequently enough in team ownership. I think that would be a good thing for the league.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
I agree on all points Trap.  And I would love to see Rush in the owners box and mixing it up with players and other owners and players.  I think he would bring an enthusiasm to the NFL and while there will be the RDS types who will never like him no matter what I do not see that as an impediment any way you look at it.  I hope it happens. 

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
The day Rush becomes a welfare recipient owner of an NFL team, is the day his credibility is gone.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:16:25 AM »
The day Rush becomes a welfare recipient owner of an NFL team, is the day his credibility is gone.

Rush has always liked to completely own things. He doesn't rent movies to watch at home, for instance, he just buys them. He has also said for many years (when asked) that he would never venture into politics because he wouldn not be able to do what's necessary to fund it: ask other people to just give him money.

I was surprised that he was trying to take a minority stake in the Rams. That was uncharacteristic. Rush demands the best and I don't see how he could get that out of a team that he didn't control. But perhaps that was just to test the waters and his real play was outright ownership or majority ownership of a franchise.