Author Topic: Fly the friendly skies of Tainted-Spirit and Un-American Airlines!  (Read 520 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Well, no you can't...naughty weather...naughty staff...rot in airport Hell you must!

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/people-slept-airports-spirit-american-cancel-hundreds-flights-amid-staffing-shortage

Jab Rebellion?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Fly the friendly skies of Tainted-Spirit and Un-American Airlines!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:38:36 PM »
Asked a former-pilot acquaintance about all these cancelled flights.  What he told me was:

- The airlines had encouraged pilot retirements during the lockdown, leaving them with a shortage on qualified pilots

- During the lockdown when there weren't many flights, a lot of pilots were off so long they now require re-training per FAA regs.  In training means not flying, leaving a shortage of active pilots.

- "Operational shortages" means shortage also of all other personnel (baggage handlers/stewards/desk jockeys) because they're quite comfortable at home collecting tax-payer money instead of working.

- Airlines lying through their teeth about anything they think they can get away with.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 01:51:47 PM »
Sounds like your pilot is on-target to me.  May be new pilots from military due to woke BS going on there too to fill holes, but will still need to be checked out for civvy duty which will take time.  But the others...may be scrapping barrels there...  ATC's highly technical too but well paid in relative terms so maybe not an issue there other than finding people who cut the grade which in woke universities can be sketchy region to region.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 10:16:59 PM »
What my pilot buddy did not mention was blood clots, to which pilots are prone anyway, due to the clot-shot.

I'm betting on that in a big way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 08:14:55 AM »
Oh yeah, altitude is not a "normal" human environment...your guy probably has stories about perforated ears, crusty eyes, higher exposure to radiation (UV/cosmic) and higher rates of melanoma and prostate cancer, circadian disruption, electro-magnetic exposure, breathing all that canned air and institutional airline food  ::puke::  ...

And risks of clots is a known risk when flying...getting a jab that can cause them...has to double if not triple the risk!

And being around Navy pilots I can tell ya most love it dearly and if something develops/happens that if officially reported would have the flight doc ground their ass...they'll skip the official process and treat it on the side (easier on land, not possible at sea)...keeps them in the air but could cause issues down the line if not addressed properly...adding to the accumulation of things a pilot endures.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
Good thing we gave them billions of our tax dollars to survive the pandemic huh?

https://www.weaselzippers.us/472731-spirit-canceled-most-flights-wednesday-again/

The sarcasm is warranted...they should have never received it...it should be taken back...from all of them!!!