Author Topic: Careful, there are adults in the room  (Read 3016 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Careful, there are adults in the room
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »
What happens when an English major decides to write about science, from magazines to professional organizations to the PR firm known as DeSmog blog?  Other than not really having any idea what exactly they're writing?

today’s MIT atmospheric-sciences students can do “hand calculations or use simple models” to show why global warming is a serious concern.

And, because members in good standing of the Dumbest Generation know only one speed, Full Retard, we then double down.

You don’t get an atmospheric-sciences degree at MIT–with a climate focus, anyway–if you can’t show on the back of an envelope what much of Congress now calls into question.

So what happens when there's even a single adult in the room?

1.   Nullius in Verba Says:
June 13th, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Chris,

Can you show us this “back of an envelope” calculation, please?

Thanks.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/2011/06/13/my-new-feature-story-in-the-american-prospect-the-reality-gap/

Yes, Marxist.  Run away like a pussy then shut comments off.   ::rolllaughing::

The TardSlapping

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Careful, there are adults in the room
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
"Nullius, this is a warning. Your comments are verging on hectoring at this point."

Fricken school should ask for its diploma back!

Commie punk bastards always kill the person who asks a pertinent question, it's a lot easier to get rid of a body than it is to have to back up with your own ass the checks your mouth writes!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
Yes, because everyone knows a complex, multivariate system in which all of said variables are not even known is easily represented by simple hand calculations.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
Without knowledge of solar climatology/weather, fluid thermodynamics, atmospheric physics and of course history, these so called meteorologists are clueless. In any event, Mr. Kerry should just keep working on the warp drive until he gets it. ::hysterical::

Like so many "Republicans" that voted for the Marxist Obamakov would never in their lifetime vote for a candidate that espouses limited constitutional government because small government isn't hip. ::rockethrow::

BTW, another reason I stopped reading that rag years ago, I like to examine the facts and how they affect me without the hyper-condescension from an upity watermelon.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »
I don't care if the globe is warming or cooling......I only ask my metoroligist get the weather correct tomarrow.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »
I don't care if the globe is warming or cooling......I only ask my metoroligist get the weather correct tomarrow.

You don't need a weather-liar to see which way the bullspit's blowing  ::laughonfloor::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:03:32 AM »
"Nullius, this is a warning. Your comments are verging on hectoring at this point."

Commie punk bastards always kill the person who asks a pertinent question, it's a lot easier to get rid of a body than it is to have to back up with your own ass the checks your mouth writes!

HECTORER! HECTORER!   ::slapfight::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »

HECTORER! HECTORER!   ::slapfight::

A badge of honor when dealing with this trash if I ever saw one!

::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
Everybody's a scientist climate change expert these days.  My husband has been hectoring (does that sound dirty or what) his good friend lately about global climate change.  His buddy is for it believes in it and quotes a friend of his who's a "scientist".  My husband looked the guy up--he's a psychologist! BUT--BUT--BUT--BUT he (surprise!) is a professor and he's been studying it!

::rockets::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
I had a former co-worker who had a brother who was a scientist he was all for AGW and I started setting my co-worker straight and then he'd ask his brother about what I said.  The scientist wouldn't contact me directly, only through his brother.  I'd provide my answer with citations and links, his scientist brother would shoot my down without any citations or links.  The one time he gave me something was just a BS article about all the brainiacs who signed that UN letter or whatever the hell it was...

He labeled me a moron for not believing the scientific community, I lit him up as a failed scientist for rejecting every evidence I provided shooting holes in his precious theory...and he bristled whenever I mentioned this was nothing but a theory with no evidence to support it and reminded him as such you cannot foist this on people as a settled fact and expect every nation, economy and person to bow to this secular religion which exists only to suck taxpayer money out of government pimps!  He hated when I reminded him of the standard scientific process honored by his peers up until AGW came along...until they can account for the inconsistencies their belief is a theory only, and one filled with a lot of holes!

After his scientist brother told him not to share my correspondence anymore I finally got my co-worker to tell me his scientist brother was a biologist at a midwestern university.  What a biologist knows about climate charge I do not know (what does any so-called scientist know about it?  Apparently very little!), but apparent peer pressure from fellow idiots in academia and blind obedience to unscientific scientists is SOP for latter day types!

::)

::mooning::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
One thing you seldom hear is that the warming cited, mainly occurring in the 1990s, was also detected on Mars. It couldn't be the big yellow ball in the sky, it must be those Martians and their love affair with SUVs.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 12:59:18 PM »
One thing you seldom hear is that the warming cited, mainly occurring in the 1990s, was also detected on Mars. It couldn't be the big yellow ball in the sky, it must be those Martians and their love affair with SUVs.

::rolllaughing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »
My big toe and sinus cavity are more accurate than any scientist. Maybe I should apply for a grant.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
My big toe and sinus cavity are more accurate than any scientist. Maybe I should apply for a grant.

No doubt. I can tell 24-36 hours in advance of unsettled weather, the change in air pressure lights my sinuses up and my head feels like it's gonna pop.

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »

::rolllaughing::

Quit hectoring the very real environmental problem of 4 wheeling on Olympus Mons.  ::rockethrow::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »

No doubt. I can tell 24-36 hours in advance of unsettled weather, the change in air pressure lights my sinuses up and my head feels like it's gonna pop.
And my joints are tell me we are about to get more rain in the Lil'Souix area!
Last thing we need right now. ::gaah:: ::falldownshocked::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
Once again.....The weather report was WRONG. Fishing lake barkley, in Kentucky and supposed to be scattered storms with 90 degree temps. The scattered storms lasted from 5am until 1pm, very strong and the temp? I almost died from hypothermia. It was cold, windy and miserable. Finally, at the 3pm weighin, the temp crossed 80.
Way to go, algore.