Author Topic: Faulty ammo?  (Read 370 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Faulty ammo?
« on: September 23, 2021, 05:18:14 PM »
http://filthiestbox.blogspot.com/2021/09/oot-and-aboot.html

Nevermind the privy, scroll down.

.... But cracked cases in brand new ammo? That is bad news. That tells me that Remington is in huge trouble, still. So what happened? Are they running the old worn out machine tools past their service life limits? Are they still putting cheap labour 3rd world turd brains on the manufacturing line and paying them $3.00/hour? Does that mean they’re back to selling half finished guns again too?

If I were still in the market I’d tell Remington to go sod themselves and let that old whore die. Sako is still making grand guns, and they’re actually worth what you pay for them too.

But that’s just me.

UPDATE:

A sharp eyed commenter had this to say about the story:

"No way that is new brass. It looks like it was a range pick up. Weathered looking. Don't buy it..."

That is actually a great observation. We can no longer take this story at face value; Remington ammo is usually quite photogenic and their cartridges tend to gleam like pieces o' eight. This looks suspiciously  like the beat up range brass. Could that be due to poor camera lighting? Could it be that it was so poorly manufactured that it looked like beat up range brass right from the factory? Could some axe grinding stubfart be putting out a fake story to undermine the new Remington start-up? All theories are possible at this point. We must therefore downgrade the integrity of this story as "plausible". If anyone has personal knowledge of the situation, please chime in. For me - I have heard of problems with consumer complaints, issues with personnel and old machinery, etc. But those stories are as plausible as this one is I suppose.

Let's give Big Green the benefit of the doubt: check their ammo when you buy it and let us know here at the Thunderbox how that goes and we will pass it along?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Faulty ammo?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 08:33:23 AM »
Nice privy..

Anyway, I know I posted back when they broke up the Co after being driven out of business...local outfit Vista Outdoors got most of their business and I believe that included the ammo line...

Now, I don't have much of Rem that isn't 12g (maybe an odd box of .45LC or .38spl) and none of it is newer than several years ago...so I doubt there is issues with anything I have...

As for new production...I have a hard time believing they are using range brass...or sub-standard outsourced cases from abroad...

Vista (Federal, Speer, CCI) , Hornady, Lake City all make their own...foreign like rest of US (Win, Rem & Browning) use subs for a lot...

But there are American producers of brass too and yeah a lot might be for high-end users but they are out there...Nosler, Starline (who I think Win uses)...

Plus, hard to tell from the box pics and the cracked neck pic if cracked at the get go or in extracting the bullet...hard to tell if the former look as dingy as the latter...

And as noted in the update...no way of telling if this story is BS...how do we know a competitor outside of Vista's aegis isn't stirring pots?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.