Author Topic: All These People Will Apologize To Sarah Palin About Margaret Thatcher, Right?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
A week ago The Guardian reported that Margaret Thatcher was refusing to meet with Sarah Palin, attributing a quote to an "ally" of Thatcher as follows:

Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts.

The blogosphere, including some conservative and libertarian haters of Palin, erupted in joy, with loads of snark and derision directed at Palin.

It turns out that the Guardian story was a hoax, as reported by Nile Gardiner:

I have spoken to Lady Thatcher’s Private Office regarding the story, and they confirm that the attack on Sarah Palin definitely did not come from her office, and in no way reflects her views. As a former aide to Margaret Thatcher myself, I can attest that this kind of thinking is entirely alien to her, and that such remarks would never be made by her office. She has always warmly welcomed like-minded figures in the United States, and has in the past met with numerous US presidential candidates and political dignitaries when they have visited London. But at the age of 85 she is now able to receive very few visitors at all.

There was never any snub of Sarah Palin by Lady Thatcher’s office. However, there has been a great deal of mischief-making and unpleasantness from sections of the liberal press in a vain and futile attempt to use Margaret Thatcher’s name to smear a major US politician

So now all these people who used a fictitious account of Margaret Thatcher refusing to meet with Palin to belittle Palin now will apologize to Palin, right?

And then to Lady Thatcher, right?

Link
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
The more it happens the more foolish they make themselves out to be. Childish to be kind.(cause were not allowed to swear around here) But you should hear what I'm saying on this side of the screan. ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The more it happens the more foolish they make themselves out to be. Childish to be kind.(cause were not allowed to swear around here) But you should hear what I'm saying on this side of the screan. ::saywhat::

They just keep lowering their standards.............. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Another black smear in their side of the ledger?  Like those a-holes care!  Don't kill yourself waiting for an apology!

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
No apology will come and we all know it. Liberals can justify every word they utter.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Another black smear in their side of the ledger?  Like those a-holes care!  Don't kill yourself waiting for an apology!

I wouldn't accept it any way. They can take it and shove it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

I wouldn't accept it any way. They can take it and shove it sideways.

FIFY!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I can guarantee you that all my lib "well-informed" friends will repeat that falsehood forever.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I can guarantee you that all my lib "well-informed" friends will repeat that falsehood forever.

Just like how they all know she said "I can see Russia from my house!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
This is what constitutes journalism in this day and age.  They can make the biggest asses out of themselves by getting story after story totally wrong and yet suffer no shame as they flush all these failures down the memory hole.  But the targets of these libelous reports are forced to wear totally fabricated falsehoods around their necks like an albatross, because these shameless hacks have no problem passing off lies as truth even though they should know better.  Actually, it is supposed to be their JOB to know better, but they willingly trade off their professional ethics in favor of currying favor with one side of political spectrum.  In fact, to refer to them as whores does a disservice to actual ones as they have the occasional tinge of regret, while these swine are incapable of such a moral act.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Actual whores provide a useful service to their customers.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Actual whores provide a useful service to their customers.

It is not media whore...it is media slut.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.