Author Topic: Happy Columbus Day  (Read 648 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Happy Columbus Day
« on: October 11, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »
Only pagans missing public human sacrifices and troublemakers see this day as something negative...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 08:49:08 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Happy Columbus Day
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 09:02:51 AM »
https://nationalfile.com/noem-draws-bipartisan-ire-for-demanding-south-dakotans-celebrate-native-american-heritage-instead-of-columbus-day/

... “The second Monday in October has been recognized as a federal holiday since 1968. In 1990, South Dakota was the first state to do things a little differently than the rest of the nation,” Noem said. “In South Dakota, we recognize Monday, October 11th, as Native Americans’ Day. We recognize that the Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota people and their culture is part of who we are collectively as South Dakotans.  We recognize them traditionally as the O’ceti Sakowin meaning the Seven Council Fires — more commonly known throughout the world as the Great Sioux Nation.”

... “This holiday weekend, I encourage every South Dakotan to reach into their own community to support Native-owned businesses, learn more about the local Native American culture, and recognize the shared values we have as South Dakotans,” Noem concluded. “Don’t wait until Monday to celebrate Native American heritage.”

Noem’s tweet about the statement struggled to find support from either side of the aisle.

https://news.sd.gov/newsitem.aspx?id=28612
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:55 AM »
(sigh)

Just read that and was going to post something, ya beat me to it.

Fine, SD been doing it since 1990, swell...but you are continuing it...   ::facepalm::

Seems to me somebody is trying way too hard to (stupidly, foolishly) curry E-GOP favor.

Sorry honey, supported you a lot through the years but you have come completely off the rails and will have to suffer the consequences of your unwise actions...

::mooning::

PS-The real "native" Americans are us of European descent...we Solutreans beat the land bridge invaders to this land...y'all celebrating squatters!  At least for eastern half of the country...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:55:32 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 12:36:04 PM »

H/T-WZ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 01:37:11 PM »
Seems like a typical Dread Traitor Roberts let's cause trouble in another resister state dick move...