Author Topic: Richard Marcinko, 81  (Read 315 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Richard Marcinko, 81
« on: December 29, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Richard Marcinko, 81
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 04:55:01 PM »
Where did I used to hear him a lot?  Was it Soucherey's show or maybe when Jesse had a radio show?  I remember him being a regular guest on someone's radio show.

RIP.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Richard Marcinko, 81
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 12:23:19 PM »
I don't think it was on Soucheray/Garage Logic...I listened to that a lot back in the day...then kinda didn't have the opportunity as much during my work day...I think he just does podcasts now or is he still on KSTP radio?  I think the  interview you are talking about was with Jesse...I was and still am mostly pissed at Jesse...he did some things well as Gov, other things he could be a petty little girl about or an all-out whack job...suing a widow over her husband's book and jerk Jesse claims vindication when it was a settlement to make it go away because the widow has less deep pockets than the bald bobblehead (and this is what got Marcus Luttrell upset)...and he praised Krapernick's racists kneeling BS...always bragging about being a SEAL (technically incorrect, he was UDT which SEALs absorbed) and most former operators don't have to remind everyone...anyway...interview was probably 20 years ago?  AFAICT that was the only time the two appeared together anywhere.  I looked, I cannot find that old interview anywhere, and not sure I would trust bullethead to give an accurate accounting of it if asked.

Richard had some great quotes ...

What do you think of political correctness?  "It sucks."

"Popularity is not leadership."

"Knives are like credit cards; don't leave home without 'em and always carry several."

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat."

"Call it a character flaw -- when under attack, I counter attack. Always."

"There is only one kind of failure I cannot tolerate: the failure to risk failure."

"To win, you take the initiative. You instigate the action. You make the opponent react to you."

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.