Author Topic: How To Get The Tax Hikes You Want? Send In Super Negotiator Joe Biden  (Read 684 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
And everyone laughed when Biden was picked as veep. Well, who's laughing now? Yeah, I know, everyone on the Republican side.

The lousy economy has helped push Democrats to the negotiating table in a bid to cut a deal to increase the federal government’s $14.3 trillion borrowing limit, but the blue team is still hoping to gain some leverage from the nation’s economic woes.

In order to keep their party’s rank and file on board, Democratic negotiators, led by Vice President Joe Biden, need to offer some kind of a tax increase as part of a package of cuts being negotiated with Republicans.

But if the deal includes a tax hike on incomes above $200,000, or anything else, Republicans won’t be able to deliver the seven Senate votes and 24 House votes needed to pass a plan that had unanimous Democratic support.

If there are any tax increases anywhere at all the Republicans will be committing political suicide. So, this has got to be Democrat delusional stuff. For that matter, increasing the debt limit at all is not too popular with anyone, let alone the Republican base.

LINK

You have to admit though, that it's pretty formidable having Forrest Gump on your team.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yeah.  Having Slow Joe on your team is a plus, if you look at it from their twisted point of view...Slow Joe can and will say/do anything and forget it the next second and start all over again...he'll test the Repub's patience with insanity and at the end of the day Obammy will stand up for his brave Veep who took on the evil Repub's bent upon destroying all the prosperity and happiness Duh Wun has brought to the nation!

/

::puke::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Remember: The kid picked last is still on your team . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
" Don't mess with Joe ... 'cause Joe's already a mess !"