Author Topic: China  (Read 916 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: China
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 04:28:34 PM »
My folks hosted a South Vietnamese refugee family...in a facility in Texas I think...sponsored through our church...

Nice family...mom, 2 boys & girls...house got busy...

Anyway, little girl had some issues...older sister married, kids etc doing fine...two boys smart as heck and married kids etc and pulling down big money in CA in tech companies...software engineers I think...mom passed some years ago...

Good, hard-working folks.

In my Navy days we were still fishing refugees fleeing communism off their makeshift rafts and sinking boats...by mid-80's all that needed to get out got out or were otherwise caught/trapped...

Neighbor at lake who passed away last year was a Navy pilot during the war, P-3's...went back there with some war buddies back in 90's...same reaction, people didn't hate Americans, just wanted to do their thing...were curious and polite...he went back several times, looking at old airfields and such...

Communism is communism...and corruption is everywhere for the upper echelon...and the people live under various degrees of authoritarianism...

Vietnamese are not constantly spied on because not enough people to do it and can't afford that much infrastructure & tech like China can...being in a backward part of the country in a communist nation is probably (if you have to be there at all) the safest spot to be in...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 04:40:02 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »
I am not pro commie, especially as I know the evil history. I also keep my eyes open. Some ex pat US business guy said about "Communist dictatorship", "In what kind of dictatorship do you have to work your way up for 3 decades, maybe make it to the standing committee if you are lucky and work hard, serve two terms, then step down?"  Xi got rid of term limits later.

I recall the Vietnamese forbid the type of leader worship like the Chinese have for Mao and Xi. During the war Ho Chi Minh said the Americans were not bad people and after the war ended he would invite them for tea. WTF? Kim Iversen had relatives in re-education camps.

The ADV China guys rode their motor cycles through Vietnam and filmed it. They said Vietnam now is like China was maybe 10 years ago? Very vibrant. Open. They noted changes in China they did not like. More repression. The CCP is trying to tighten up the country often against an imagined outside enemy. They said the CCP regularly runs anti Japanese WWII movies with evil cartoonishly evil Japs.

The Chinese own tik tok but do not allow it to be viewed inside China. They export that filth to the west and have a clean version for inside China.

I liked all the old ADV China videos from inside China. Hundreds of stories. Having drinks with the guys usually includes banging prostitutes, especially if married. Foreigners are kept on a very tight leash. Stay in limited hotels. Must use special train ticket booths. Cannot own property.

The Chinese people riot and protest more than Americans when they are pissed off. Not animals like BLM. Middle class people. The CCP tried some type of affirmative action for university admission, adding points for being from impoverished regions. All hell broke lose and they backed down.  The Chinese are racist and proud of it.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:55 PM »
What is racist?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2022, 10:25:20 AM »
Blacks are inferior to other races and Han Chinese are superior to all. They prefer light skinned Chinese to dark.
They are very open about this and do not GAF what others think about them holding these beliefs.
They also openly generalize about what people from other China regions are like. I think they say that northern Chinese are loud mouthed drunks and like to fight. Not sure about that.

This is just one thing I got from watching the ADV China guys over the years when they were in China.
The Chinese also gave great weight to what white foreigners say. Such words hurt more coming from such people and help more also. Those guys early on had "white monkey jobs."  E.g. show up at a meeting for a start up carrying a clip board pretending to be an architect so people would be more likely to invest. Fake. Pretend to be a doctor or a teacher to influence likely customers.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
Chinese outside China think mainlanders are uncivilized.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2022, 12:09:30 PM »
Mao was good at exploiting differences...that hasn't changed much at the top...if the rabble is griping among itself and not bothering the party and its plans all is well...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2022, 09:21:46 AM »
Check this out...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cancelling-richard-gere

...I have to give him credit, he is sticking to his principles and beliefs and forsaking wealth and adulation and not capitulating to whitewashing the totalitarian sins of the CCP!

His principles should be elevated...and the capitulators shouted down.