Author Topic: ChiCom Invasion of Taiwan Countdown  (Read 3115 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: ChiCom Invasion of Taiwan Countdown
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2023, 03:04:17 PM »

Videos come into my YT feed. One was some old interview with Chomsky. It was about language not politics as far as I let it run.

He said the idea of a standard national language is a modern feature. He said that people did not travel much and people in one village might not understand people in a village 20 miles away. I came across this also in discussions about the Russian and Ukrainian languages. The was little standardization and people were mostly illiterate in any language. I would think that Latin in the Roman empire would have been standardized. ???

There is an individual advantage to knowing some nationwide language. For educational and career advances for example. I only recently learned that in 21 of 22 Russian republics children are taught Russian plus some regional language(s). Apparently the same is true in parts of China.

In eastern Ukraine, the language of education had been parental choice. Some time after the 2014 coup, Kiev took that choice away in areas they controlled. In Crimea now I think the educational language is Russian plus choice of Ukrainian or Crimean Tartar. In Odessa the only option is Ukrainian now. Eli from Russia is a redhead blogger from Perm RU. She was taught Russian and Tartar in school. Her mom is pissed that her Tartar skills have lapsed.

I recall that bilingual education was the cool thing in California years ago. It was the Hispanic parents that ended that as their kids had crappy English skills even after HS. The program was more for the benefit of the higher paid ESL teachers.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2023, 07:50:09 AM »

This host is pro China. His guest talks about the changes in Tibet he observed over time. He was there in 1990s and recently. Decreased poverty. Improved infrastructure, health, education. Students learn Tibetan and Mandarin. 6 units each per week.
https://youtu.be/CldtoYwPtMk

American Shares Truth on Xinjiang and Tibet Controversies in China
Cyrus Janssen

also
He says that Mandarin unites people in China because the dialects of Chinese varied greatly from village to village.
He said when he moved from northern China to Shanghai he heard a strange language and asked his wife if they were speaking Japanese. It was a Chinese dialect he did not understand. It is still used in local TV etc.

His guest is white/Jewish/Chinese.

Subjugation isn't so bad, yay.

I recall some US person saying they had talked to a Chinese diplomat. The American asked why Tibet was not allowed to be independent and neutral. The Chinese guy said that weak countries like Tibet always fall under control of some other major power and China wanted it to be China.  I also recall someone saying that once in Tibet, it is an easy path into China proper. So China wants the Himalayas guarding their southern border

And India wants them to protect their northern border...

Such nice bedfellows...

::hysterical::

Note to small mountainous nations - be more like Switzerland, not Tibet!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2023, 08:02:15 AM »

Videos come into my YT feed. One was some old interview with Chomsky. It was about language not politics as far as I let it run.

He said the idea of a standard national language is a modern feature. He said that people did not travel much and people in one village might not understand people in a village 20 miles away. I came across this also in discussions about the Russian and Ukrainian languages. The was little standardization and people were mostly illiterate in any language. I would think that Latin in the Roman empire would have been standardized. ???

There is an individual advantage to knowing some nationwide language. For educational and career advances for example. I only recently learned that in 21 of 22 Russian republics children are taught Russian plus some regional language(s). Apparently the same is true in parts of China.

In eastern Ukraine, the language of education had been parental choice. Some time after the 2014 coup, Kiev took that choice away in areas they controlled. In Crimea now I think the educational language is Russian plus choice of Ukrainian or Crimean Tartar. In Odessa the only option is Ukrainian now. Eli from Russia is a redhead blogger from Perm RU. She was taught Russian and Tartar in school. Her mom is pissed that her Tartar skills have lapsed.

I recall that bilingual education was the cool thing in California years ago. It was the Hispanic parents that ended that as their kids had crappy English skills even after HS. The program was more for the benefit of the higher paid ESL teachers.

Freedom of movement and information (somewhat) is also a modern feature, such is their nature...

Who gets to pick and choose what is truly good or truly unnecessary?  On that score there is no consistency hence no legitimacy to criticize anybody doing anything...which IIRC is a central feature of Marxist ideology...which I find ironic and not happenstance...and also re-writing history to absolve one of past sins so as to demonize your opponents moral failures to your advantage is also a hallmark of Marxist contamination...

Such is the rot perpetuated by the corrupt One China BS...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2023, 12:19:10 PM »
Jeez, even I who am someone who thinks checking the Chi-Coms in the Pacific Rim see this as reckless...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/taiwan-says-its-talks-being-brought-under-us-nuclear-umbrella

...too premature for that kind of crap, there are assets in the region for that hole card...no need to give them a 1962 moment to exploit...much better defense options under that threshold to exhaust...

Is this guy a Chi-Com plant stirring trouble?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2023, 02:44:06 PM »

Geez. I wondered how the US govt would provoke  Chinese attack.  BTW the CCP/CPC enjoys a much higher approval rate than the US govt.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2023, 08:09:50 AM »

Geez. I wondered how the US govt would provoke  Chinese attack.  BTW the CCP/CPC enjoys a much higher approval rate than the US govt.

Well, our continued slide into totalitarianism will get us caught up with them...

::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2023, 08:30:52 AM »
"To be clear, we do not seek conflict or confrontation, but we will not flinch in the face of bullying or coercion."

Yeah, you stupendous candy-ass, the ChiComs understand you perfectly!

Weak and easily pushed around.

A shot across their bow would be a better message than the ones you are sending.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2023, 11:06:32 AM »

I played a few documentaries on Chinese history. It is a much different place than the west.  Very strange to me. This history, language, and culture influences how they think and act.

Also, there is a whole lot of history. Thousands of years of recorded history. IMO there are likely genetic differences from Caucasians on average. I would like to know more about what the people in Taiwan think and want.

I have heard something several times over many years. The CCP/CPC is very responsive to the what the people  want. They are only 8-10% of the population but that is not 0.1%.  The party is opaque to me and the west. I read about the Chinese elections. They are strange. Direct at low levels and indirect above those with heavy party influence on the direct elections. They are not like the west but they are not nothing either.

Then again, how are the EU officials selected? How do they compare to the CCP?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2023, 11:26:28 AM »
In all nations its largely the elite choosing themselves...the difference being in China nobody goes anywhere without being hard-wired into The Party...same as under any communist nation or fascist nation...in the West it is merely the illusion of choice in many instances with some rare exceptions when mavericks slip in...

Hitler & Stalin did many good things for the majority of people...but does that make their systems good given the well-documented evil excesses?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2023, 12:25:02 PM »
https://discernreport.com/xi-jinping-is-preparing-china-for-a-war-with-the-united-states/

China has violence in mind...

https://discernreport.com/xi-jinping-is-preparing-china-for-a-war-with-the-united-states/

...gosh, who knew?

/

Also, it would not be that hard to obliterate their amphibious assault before it reached Taiwan...one in which would not require nukes at all...but why mention it?  I'm just not interested in influencing the game before hand...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2023, 04:41:02 PM »
Lil' Beijing bitch Blinken toes the Chi-Com line...

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/watch-blinken-in-china-says-we-do-not-support-taiwan-independence/

...and for his reward...he gets a third-rate fop to welcome him in China...

https://gellerreport.com/2023/06/antony-blinken-gets-humiliated-in-china.html/

...this pathetic illegitimate regime his not respected by anybody...

...me, I would say  ::cussing:: you commies...I support Taiwan Independence!    ::vafancoul::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2023, 05:24:21 PM »
IMO Taiwan and China want to kick the can down the road. The US govt wants to provoke China into invading, then blame Xi as a thug etc. I think any invasion would be through missiles and aviation attacks. I always wondered how well those Chinese armed gyro copters would work. Maybe 10,000 of them. Cheaper than maybe 50 us fighters. Easy to fly.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/china-touts-gyrocopters-armed-with-anti-tank-missiles

https://youtu.be/OEkfMtgDBa0
 PLA's combat gyrocopters
The War Zone

I fear what Chinese missiles would do to US carriers.

No one knows how well the Chinese military would fight. IMO the Chinese could mass manufacture missiles.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2023, 08:05:14 AM »
10,000 of them...

...would be 30k dead.

::hysterical::

The commies could be easily thwarted in an invasion...I just don't think the woketards are capable of thinking it up let alone execute it...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2023, 02:30:06 PM »
China is in trouble, Xi appears to have hit the second to last button of last resort - exhorting his citizens captives to buy China, tour China, promote China...in the wake of bad news that is likely worse than reported (they cook their numbers too!)...collapsing property prices...bogus GDP missing a bogus target...slumping exports...slumping consumption numbers...no more stimulus room left in rates or monetary policy...unemployment in the young over (an understated) 21%...collapsing commercial values...foreign money leaving...their nominal middle class routinely seeing defections to less totalitarian nations...other nations withholding critical tech and other resource-driven conflicts...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/17/china-gdp-growth-down-economy-june-quarter-gross-domestic-profit

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chinas-q2-gdp-growth-slows-08-qq-just-above-expectations-2023-07-17/

They are panicking...there is little more priming they can do, yet the party elite are promising it...from the production and consumption ends...

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2023-07-19/China-issues-guidelines-vows-to-boost-private-sector-1lzq6xWSWjK/index.html

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2023-07-19/China-pledges-measures-to-bolster-growth-in-key-sectors-1lz4J7PpPPi/index.html

They can only do so much before adverse effects undo something else...

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3228250/chinas-economic-slowdown-have-global-repercussions-beyond-trade-hinder-current-account-recovery-imf

And interestingly, they have some pesky debt issues...

https://www.scmp.com/business/article/3228201/china-junk-bonds-suffer-worst-slide-2023-repayment-woes-sino-ocean-wanda-shui-bear-brunt-selling

Lots going on and any/all of which can crimp resources and make importing what they really need (like Saudi oil) more difficult.

The Party elite can admit defeat and resign in total and turn over their entire leadership ranks (or Xi can "retire" them all) or they can go Plan W...I do not see any of the elite willingly walking away in disgrace nor do I see Xi having the time to sack all his key underlings and replacement them with new loyalists and enact any policy miracles to stave off disaster...so, I believe Plan W is in total play now - War!

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/chinese-president-exhorts-military-to-boost-combat-readiness/2939398

Nothing stimulates a stagnating economy like war and it also have the benefit of making edicts cracking down on dissenters easier to rationalize.

So, I expect the clock is ticking rather loudly for Taiwan and perhaps other regional nations with territory and resources the people's paradise covets.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2023, 02:15:40 PM »
This cannot bode well for future peace in the region...

President Xi Jinping on Monday installed a new commander and a deputy to the People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) elite Rocket Force unit, after weeks of speculation that its top leaders were in trouble.

In an unusual move, Mr Xi, who is also chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), China’s top military command, presided over a ceremony promoting two officers to generals within the same force.

Former deputy navy chief Wang Houbin was named by the state media as commander of the Rocket Force, while Southern Theatre Command deputy political commissar Xu Xisheng has been promoted to the unit’s political commissar, who is the second in command.
“This development would have caught most PLA watchers by surprise considering the three previous PLA Rocket Force commanders – Wei Fenghe, Zhou Yaning and Li Yuchao – were artillery officers,” said Dr James Char, who studies China’s military modernisation at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies.

“This is an unusual development and would only have further reinforced suspicions that something ominous is afoot within the PLA Rocket Force.”

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/xi-jinping-installs-new-rocket-force-leadership-amid-major-purge

A loyal administrator and a loyal zampolit over more experienced military leaders...yeah...I think regional neighbors ought to brace for impact...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2023, 07:57:25 PM »
The reason I wrote this stuff below is that I have no idea as to why the rocket guys were replaced. it could be SO many reasons having nothing to do with the military.

I just finished the book Red Roulette and returned it to Ramsey county library system.
I could not begin to summarize it. Summarize Chinese history and culture for me. I watched a doc on how some concubine became de-facto ruler of China. Comparing that to present day I do not see much difference. The place intrigue today is incredible. The author was born poor but bright and athletic. He went to US Madison for business then returned and made a fortune. He married a smart, cunning woman who handled the political side and connections. She was later "disappeared." He lives in London with their son.

Macgregor said Xi wakes up every morning wondering how he can hold 1.4B people together and not suffer the same fate as previous emperors.

The author said he had a first dinner at 5 PM with supplicants, then a 6:30 dinner where he was the supplicant (not his words), then an 8 PM dinner with friends and equals because he was drunk by then. The sometimes tea after that. This was in private nightclubs where the firt priority was keeping different groups from seeing each other. That is how business was done.

Another good book was The Party by Macgregor (not the US col). It is dated as back then there was little control or censorship by govt. Now there is.

If you read these two books things will not become clearer. They will become more confused.

Col. Macgregor said Xi is acting as emperor and people are OK with that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2023, 09:03:52 AM »
Yeah...nothing to do with the actual operational side (pointy-end) of military leadership...that's the problem...he put in place of their strategic nuclear forces two inexperienced guys in anything remotely strategic and nuclear...

It's that simple, if that doesn't generate concern I don't know what else I can say...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2023, 12:07:35 PM »
I just meant that the offered reasons for some govt actions may have nothing to  do with the real reasons.
The the book I just finished the author said that two members of the standing committee for 'corruption' but it was really to place 2 Xi supporters on the committee as the committee can depose Xi.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2023, 01:34:26 PM »
H/T-WRSA@GAB (Matt Bracken)

Seems Matt is talking to some people thinking along rational lines...

But this blockade could be problematic, lengthy and costly to get to a point whereby an invasion could succeed...

It could also be very much more problematic if America was not governed by insane scum and the military led by a bunch of woke prancing fools...

So I would expect action before rolling into 2025...