Author Topic: Upgrade to Tinian airstrip to help shore up Pacific basing  (Read 298 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Upgrade to Tinian airstrip to help shore up Pacific basing
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:28:25 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/satellite-imagery-shows-construction-us-military-facility-pacific

Makes sense, has the capacity.

All we have in the West Pacific in significant force is Guam (USAF, USN, USMC) and Japan (USAF, USN, USMC, USA-limited to logistics/comms), South Korea (USA, USAF, USN-Chinhae basing in Busan)...there is a small USAF presence in Wake using the airstrip, mostly it is used in supporting missile tests...and Midway has been vacated by the military for some time now and after a tsunami its been declared unfit to live on, though it remains a National Historic Landmark and has occasional visitors.  Small presence on Kwajalein too.  Really, heading West there is no other US military presence till you hit Diego Garcia in the middle of the Indian Ocean...so utilizing Tinian makes sense.  There were some talks with Micronesia and Palau that Trump wanted to complete, then the plandemic crap and rogue Marxist House distractions commenced...and so far sounds like TeamFraud is acting slow.  These nations feel the expansionist Chi-Com's breathing down their necks and threatening fishing rights and such.  I expect TeamFraud to eff it up.  So, primary pressure falls on our carrier battle groups...no significant presence between Guam and Diego Garcia unless a task force is there.  Really sucks losing the basing in Philippines...but, people have a right to say yes or no.  I think it might be worth a shot, given their own issues with China, to approach the Vietnamese...would love to see the look on Xi's fat face if we got basing rights in Cam Ranh Bay and Haiphong!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Upgrade to Tinian airstrip to help shore up Pacific basing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 04:07:15 PM »

About 10 years after the Vietnam war ended Vietnam offered use of Cam Ranh Bay to US warships as I recall. I almost fell off my chair. The Vietnamese mostly do not hate the US and have not for years. I find that puzzling. I would expect hatred for a generation at least. I am not saying the US was in the wrong either.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Upgrade to Tinian airstrip to help shore up Pacific basing
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 08:28:20 AM »
Their clashes with former communists (Russia) and China was always squirrely...they wanted their assistance but not any strings attached...

And they knew after winning the war the harder task was economic...having an economy and trying to rebuild a decimated nation...

They are pragmatic people...politics might be nuts and they have the ills a centralized government has with respect to individual rights (you are property, not an individual)...and they need investment...but it will have to meet their terms...maybe those terms are a little better today?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.