Author Topic: Robert Reich explains it all  (Read 1305 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Robert Reich explains it all
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
The truth about the economy

I couldn't even finish it
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Robert Reich explains it all
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
I couldn't even finish it

I had a friend send this to me yesterday.. I couldn't even start it
I read this idiot's book, "Reason" - there is one point, I kid you not, where he provides evidence tat damages his case, and he doesn't even notice..

You see, to demonstrate "fairness"  he offers $10 to two students, and then asks one of them to divide it however he wants with the other student.  Since its a windfall gain ( unearned)  the students tend to split it 6/4  or 5/5 - I would just love to see him tell the student to take money out of his own wallet and do that.  There is a huge difference between a windfall gain ( say a large gold meteor falling out of the sky) and money you had to work to Earn.  Reich does not understand that difference. You can tell because he then goes on talk about a study in which chimps are rewarded for doing certain tasks, and then certain chimps are rewarded without completing any task, while the rest of the chimps still have to work for it. For some reason, the Chimps who have to work get angry that the others are rewarded.  Riech then tells you this is proof of his concept of fairness.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:05:26 PM »
The man's an idiot!! He's been free to give his money away all his life. If he reaches for my pocket he may have a surprise coming. ::rockethrow::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
No cohabitation possible with people who think like Reich in places of power.

As Rush said today, what we are experiencing now is the result of the Left getting its way.

We cannot survive it forever. They have to be put down.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:49:14 PM »
I have a co-worker who uses his atrophied brain very similarly to robert reichhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit. Every once in a while after a particularly memorable pontification like this I will turn to him and say, "You do realize that you're a friggin loon.....right?!"

He just lamely smiles at me. I honestly can't tell if that means he knows he's full of BS or if it means that he doesn't realize that "friggin loon" isn't a good thing...
::hysterical::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »

I have a picture of the little sh*t in my office. It's a matted yellow background, ebony frame, and on the matt are the words:
Be funded
                   :)
                    be continued

I never say a word.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
I wonder if Reich advises Bill Clinton on how to distribute his personal wealth .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »
I wonder if Reich advises Bill Clinton on how to distribute his personal wealth .

Maybe, if it spoils a blue dress...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
Robert Reich, another little rodent.  Anybody else remember him last year saying White, male construction workers should not benefit from the "shovel ready stimulus jobs"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
I think white males in general are always in the left's crosshairs, but yeah, I seem to recall his minority pandering.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.