Author Topic: Senate GOP Embarrasses Dems Over Boeing  (Read 661 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Senate GOP Embarrasses Dems Over Boeing
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »
H/T Bonz:

At a hearing held this past week by the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, it was amusing to watch the Democratic majority be thoroughly outmatched by the minority Republicans on the committee. The minority managed to divert the subject of the hearing to the National Labor Relations Board and its ridiculous job-killing complaint against Boeing.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/senate-gop-embarrasses-dems-over-boeing/?singlepage=true
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Re: Senate GOP Embarrasses Dems Over Boeing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
Tom Harkin (D-IA), called the hearing to discuss β€œThe Endangered Middle Class: Is the American Dream Slipping

Slippin' Into Darkness
Out of Reach for American Families?”

The minority managed to divert the subject of the hearing to the National Labor Relations Board and its ridiculous job-killing complaint against Boeing.

Steve Miller- Jet Airliner with lyrics
Senator Mike Enzi outfoxed Harkin. He called β€” as his sole witness β€” Michael Luttig, general counsel for the Boeing Company and former justice of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
707 roll

Luttig was there to talk about the outrageous complaint filed by the National Labor Relations Board against Boeing for opening up a second assembly line for the 787 Dreamliner

757 vertical climb

"We win, they lose."
                              Ronald Reagan

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »

Harkin? Harkin, he was a fighter pilot in Nam, a hero he flew junkers from Japan to the Philippines for rehab didn't he?  Then he
lied about it in order to bolster his election campaign.  Ain't that a
hangin' offense?

St. Maarten 747 Takeoff

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
Harkin --meh--

one year he ran campaign ads with him atop a piece farm equipment-- reminded me of Dukakis on the tank
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »

Tom, this Boeing's for you.