Author Topic: Somehow I missed the transition in the Philippines  (Read 478 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Somehow I missed the transition in the Philippines
« on: July 20, 2022, 02:40:33 PM »
May elections...and another Marcos (Bongbong) as President and a Duterte (Sara Duterte-Carpio) as Vice President...

Sounds like there is to be a continued play nice with China continuation despite the disputed territory issues...but wants to ease some Euro butthurt...not sure how those two reconcile...and he's looking to have new discussions on railroad infrastructure...while saying he will defend Philippine sovereignty...yet another difficult balancing act...also looking to cut deals with some neighbors and a couple BRICS on fertilizer...

Anyway...something to watch unfold...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Somehow I missed the transition in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 06:42:19 PM »

There is a youtube/rmble guy, New Atlas.
He has his own take on Asia.
He says that the old govt was being used by the US to keep Philippines and China from ever reaching agreement on disputed islands or waters. He said the new govt is more willing to try to reach some agreement.

He has interesting simple ideas.
The US goal is to weaken countries too friendly to US enemies or regional powers.
The US does this using NGOs inside those countries.
This starts as protests, then violent protests, then civil war or regime change.
US NGOs like national endowment for democracy do work the CIA used to do.
He said the US is currently trying to subvert Thailand, Laos, Myanmar in SE Asia.
IMO the US tried a coup or regime change, maybe assassination, in Belarus over a year ago. It failed.

I heard others say that the Belarus attempt pushed Russia over the age.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »
Yes, pushing the lunatic Lukashenko out would have gotten me upset too...

/

The Marcos policy is not supposed to be any different than the Duterte policy...keep US at hands length, play nice with China (agree to be pushed around...as it buys time for the commies to consolidate their ill-gotten gains, they won't respect any international ruling against them, haven't so far) and I thought there was something recent Marcos did stepping away from some negotiation with China because it was getting too one-sided (shocking!) to China, maybe the rail thing, I forget...

Anyway, China bribes then bullies their way into areas, is that more "noble"?  Every government on the planet, unless they are too weak or too stupid...is running games...no exceptions.

I question the Thailand Laos Myanmar stuff...who cares?  They have nothing to offer the US...sometimes its best the leave problems with others...let them blow resources for little return...

The whole world is corrupt though...whatever...

SMOD could do us a solid, ya know?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »
The Thailand Laos Myanmar stuff.

I heard that a common geopolitical game advanced by the US is to keep regional hegemons from getting too powerful in their region. One way is to weaken regional small countries in that region that get too chummy with the major power or refuse to get real chummy with the US. I heard this from some high level professor. He said it as though everyone knew that this had been going on for a long time. US actions make more sense when I think about them along these lines. Great Britain played the game by keeping their enemies fighting each other.

The New Atlas guy gives local examples in Thailand, where he lives. Also Laos and Myanmar. China is the major trading partner with most countries in that region. In Thailand US NGOs are trying to subvert the traditional monarchy by pumping in money to groups promoting 'democracy.'  I recall in Laos China was to build some high speed rail line and the US was trying to prevent it somehow.

I am NOT saying China is noble. NFW. I think they are achieving more to advance their interests. When Trump launched 80+ cruise missiles into Syria in response to a fake gas attack, I asked  what China would have done with that money. Recently US spent $40B in the name of Ukraine. What China would done with that money?

Here is an 11 min video clip on Thailand. This guy is US ex marine. He provides lots of links to references to support what he says. Elsewhere he notes how the National Endowment for Democracy is US funded and does what the CIA used to do directly.  The best video is the one at bottom.

https://youtu.be/GxapWpwccLU
Thai Coronation Day: How and Why Western Lies Target Thailand's Monarchy
16,874 views  May 3, 2022

https://youtu.be/VfxfIXGmY8o
 US Proxy War in Myanmar Threatens China and the rest of Asia
37,623 views  Apr 24, 2022  20 min

https://youtu.be/aKtTDFmXFJI  This was maybe the first one I saw.
As Thailand Attempts to Clean Up Foreign-Funded NGOs, US Interests Kick & Scream
23,913 views  Apr 3, 2022 15 min

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 02:19:59 PM »
Yeah, NGO's like that NED are all left-wing or UniParty outfits...of course the Spooks at Langley will use them, they will use anybody advancing their agenda...which is fundraising for bigger budgets, more power...la la la...

And you are getting to the meat of it now...China not "better" than anybody else...others are just less stupid and unsane than the corrupt frauds and rogues destroying America...

It's them...they...not us...

Other countries will have to speak for themselves if their "government" speaks for them...I suspect in most cases they do not...but saying that out loud gets you ostracized, imprisoned or snuffed...depending on the nation and political crime...

In America it is being censored, denounced without due process and just beginning to be criminalized...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 02:55:25 PM »
When The New Atlas gave his explanation of how the US seeks to weaken other countries this made sense to me.
IMO there are 3 questions to ask.
1. Did the US do X?
2. Was X morally wrong in your opinion?
3. Did X advance the interests of the US?

The US apparently funded the Chechens back when to weaken Russia. Did they? Was it right? Did it help the US?
The chechens blew up stuff in Moscow, took a theater hostage, and killed hundreds of school children on school opening day. Vladimir Putin rose to power on the response of flattening Chechnya.

One could argue that there is no morality in international relations just advancing the interests of your country. Even if that is true the US sucks and China seems to be doing well. The leading trade partner for most of South America in now China. It used to be US. The Chinese did not kick in the doors. "Tea money " (bribes) helped.

Notice how when a country rejects such NGOs they get marked for regime change

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:18:26 AM by patentlymn »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 09:27:06 AM »

When The New Atlas gave his explanation of how the US seeks to weaken other countries this made sense to me.
IMO there are 3 questions to ask.
1. Did the US do X?
2. Was X morally wrong in your opinion?
3. Did X advance the interests of the US?

The US apparently funded the Chechens back when to weaken Russia. Did they? Was it right? Did it help the US?
The chechens blew up stuff in Moscow, took a theater hostage, and killed hundreds of school children on school opening day. Vladimir Putin rose to power on the response of flattening Chechnya.

One could argue that there is no morality in international relations just advancing the interests of your country. Even if that is true the US sucks and China seems to be doing well. The leading trade partner for most of South America in now China. It used to be US. The Chinese did not kick in the doors. "Tea money " (bribes) helped.

Notice how when a country such NGOs they get marked for regime change

I would say greed and self-interest dominate...the US (thanks crony capitalist globalist CoC cheap-labor loving Pubbies and commie-adoring Dems) intentionally abandoned industrial production (Dems ever pay a price for throwing unions under the bus repeatedly?) to China...and yet China may be doing better but that is not the same as doing well, they have empty cities, banking issues, restive inmates and nervous neighbors...and bribes get you in places in Asia and Central and South America and the Middle East and Africa...but bribes have a way of growing and then people get thrown to the curb...

In this sad planet of today...doing better doesn't mean a lot...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 10:23:44 AM »
I would say greed and self-interest dominate...the US (thanks crony capitalist globalist CoC cheap-labor loving Pubbies and commie-adoring Dems) intentionally abandoned industrial production (Dems ever pay a price for throwing unions under the bus repeatedly?) to China...and yet China may be doing better but that is not the same as doing well, they have empty cities, banking issues, restive inmates and nervous neighbors...and bribes get you in places in Asia and Central and South America and the Middle East and Africa...but bribes have a way of growing and then people get thrown to the curb...

And the UK Labour party no longer represents labor.
Does anyone represent labor in the EU?
I believe the EU Green party turned warmonger.
If the Greens succeed in destroying German industry I wonder what will happen.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 11:19:45 AM »

And the UK Labour party no longer represents labor.
Does anyone represent labor in the EU?
I believe the EU Green party turned warmonger.
If the Greens succeed in destroying German industry I wonder what will happen.

Collapse...and the Muzzies take over...