Author Topic: Happy Father's Day  (Read 690 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Happy Father's Day
« on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »
To all you dads out there.

Salutations to my pop, a good father, a good provider, a good teacher, and the original Rock of Gibraltar. A man who taught me to guard my reputation like most guard their wallet. A man who taught me that a man's word is his bond, and that, even if you have nothing else you still have your integrity.

Thanks pop for teaching me the value of a job well done. For instilling in me the satisfaction of "doing it right" - even when it doesn't show. For understanding that conscience is the little voice that compels you to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Thanks for having patience with me as I stumbled and blundered my way through life. Thanks also for the gentle reminders about the value of humility.

I'm proud to have been a part of your life.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Happy Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
Thanks, and here's to Dad's everywhere. ::beertoast::

I was so glad when my first child was born. FINALLY someone would call me Dad. I'd been called a mother for so long........... ::guitar::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:08:46 PM »
Thanks!! I made my good boy phone call to Pop and as ususal he wants to talk gardening and now a fire place insert for next winter. I bought him a wood burning stove years ago and he gace it away in the end he didn't want to fuss with it any more. Here we are a couple of years later and he wants to start all over again.

So now I have to find an insert.

Happy fathers day to dads every where.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »
At the lake again this weekend, sat on the dock with my father and had a good talk about how he met my mother, raised us kids, reminiscing stuff like that.  The prototypical father-son bonding.

::thumbsup::

And a had a good fishing day too!  Kept one 22" northern and got good filets off him!

:)

Hope all fathers had a great day!

::beertoast::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.