Author Topic: NASA still stuck on remote control crap  (Read 249 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
NASA still stuck on remote control crap
« on: September 27, 2022, 12:02:13 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/nasas-vending-machine-sized-spacecraft-crashes-football-stadium-size-asteroid-worlds-first-planetary-defense-test-video/

Picking on defenseless asteroids...how sporting!   ;D

And, what bi-polar clown is running NASA?  I thought they were all about hating carbon-based lifeforms...now they think they can protect them from hostile asteroids?

I think we carbon-based lifeforms with intelligence would prefer if government just stops being a planetary nanny...let alone a fricken interplanetary nanny!

How's your manned space exploration going?  Not so well, eh?  Yeah, private sector gonna kick your ass on that front!  They get top people...you get leftovers...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: NASA still stuck on remote control crap
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 12:48:15 PM »
Wait till one of these stray non threat asteroids collides with another non threat and then we have a bigger problem.  These rocks have been out there for millions of years and have had lots of time to clear out their current orbits long before now. Any change in their orbits will cause a chain reaction that may end all life on this particular rock.  We are not gods and should not think that we are, the universe has been hear a long time and any recent changes should not be because of man.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 03:34:21 PM »
Yeah, I agree.

Scientists cannot even agree what made the asteroid belt...some say it is just leftover solar system formation junk, some say it could have been a couple planets/planetoids that collided...anyway, between Mars and Jupiter is a crapload of rocks...and these bozos who suddenly think saving Earth-destroying carbon-based lifeforms might be good PR come up with the brilliant idea to act like drunken pool hustlers smacking a cue ball into a rack of rocks...

Brilliant.

What could go wrong?

Nahhhh...

/

:o
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:06:44 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/09/nasas-vending-machine-sized-spacecraft-crashes-football-stadium-size-asteroid-worlds-first-planetary-defense-test-video/

Picking on defenseless asteroids...how sporting!   ;D

And, what bi-polar clown is running NASA?  I thought they were all about hating carbon-based lifeforms...now they think they can protect them from hostile asteroids?

I think we carbon-based lifeforms with intelligence would prefer if government just stops being a planetary nanny...let alone a fricken interplanetary nanny!

How's your manned space exploration going?  Not so well, eh?  Yeah, private sector gonna kick your ass on that front!  They get top people...you get leftovers...

I loved the first Star Trek movie with the bald Persis Kambata. Most did not.
She mentioned the "carbon units infesting USS Enterprise" as best I recall.
My GF at the time thought I was kinda a geek and called me a "carbon unit."

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown