Author Topic: Obligatory "Jon Stewart On FNC Sunday Show With Chris Wallace" Thread  (Read 2672 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
For those who care, Chris Wallace hosted Comedy Central's Jon Stewart today. *yawn*

Some people have this notion that if only one of these knee jerk media libs is put on the right show with the right host who asks the right questions then MAGICALLY the said knee jerk lib is going to see the light and become a reasonable media personality.

And although this does, in fact, happen on rare occasions (see Mamet, David), Jon Stewart is not going to be one. Not now. Not ever.

So, for me, this exercise is a total waste of time. I would much rather be entertained by Jon Stewart dropped in the Alaska wilderness and forced to depend on Sarah Palin to get him back to civilization. That is a show that I would watch. Not Chris Wallace trying to reason with him as if he could actually be reasoned with. That's a conservative fantasy.

Here is a LINK to a Daily Caller write up on this exercise in futility.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
jon stewart--who cares..
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

I watched, not expecting an epiphany but hoping there would be a momentary convergence of rationality.  Not too far into the interview all hopes were dashed upon the rocks of blind resistance.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
                                         _ _ _ Dr. Michael Savage

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
I was reading Moe Lane's analysis over at RedState and he seemed to think that it went swimmingly well for Wallace and that Stewart was on the ropes from the very beginning. He finished his commentary with this:

Watch the whole thing; it’s fifteen minutes of pure political entertainment, and Stewart probably should have quit about eight minutes in. Mostly because Wallace maneuvered him into a position at the end where Stewart himself had to admit that conservatives are routinely attacked - INCLUDING BY HIM - for a variety of things that we, in point of fact, are not actually guilty of. Which would have been… nice… of him to admit, except that nowhere did Stewart actually promise to reform his ways.

I wasn't entertained. I found the whole thing predictably annoying. I was mildly surprised that Stewart did give up that small amount of ground at the end, acknowledging the patently obvious, but really...big deal. It was fifteen minutes of proving what everyone already knows: That the media is overwhelmingly biased toward the left, that the media routinely lies about the right, yada, yada, yada.

The time would have been better spent with one of the presidential candidates. That might have provided an opportunity to learn something previously unknown.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Their were several good clips they could have used from the SLC, and an ample choice of guests but they ran from that.  This interchange between the two will live in posterity; Wallace prosecuted Stewart with skill.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
It's not hard to have to prove this Journo-Tard garbage when the questions are such...

Who's more likely to know that Global Warming will kill us all unless we submit to Marxism, MSNBC viewers or Fox News viewers?

::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
It's not hard to have to prove this Journo-Tard garbage when the questions are such...

Who's more likely to know that Global Warming will kill us all unless we submit to Marxism, MSNBC viewers or Fox News viewers?

::)

Exactly, the real question is, which viewers are the bigger chumps?

On that scorecard the MFM zombies surge far ahead!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Borrowed but true.

"Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke."

~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935   ::facepalm::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Janny

I have never watched his current show, and I never will. Why Wallace interviewed this "comedian" is beyond my understanding.

I watched a Jon Stewart "comedy" routine, on Netflix, that was from several years ago. He wasn't funny, to start with, and then he got into the typical "Bush is stupid" type of political "comedy" of that era, and I almost fell asleep.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Obligatory "Jon Stewart On FNC Sunday Show With Chris Wallace" Thread
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 04:39:37 AM »
It was an exercise in dissembling bullshyt and missinformation ( which he tried to accuse FOX of ) . I don't think Wallace intended to convert Stewart but rather score a coup as the only FOX news person able to obtain an interview with an arrogant , lefty icon .

Wallace announced yesterday that he was going to offer a riposte to Stewart on FOX News Sunday this weekend to clear up some apparent media confusion regarding the interview . If anyone noticed , liberal outlets lauded Stewart's performance as a winner while conservatives gave the winner's cup to FOX . I'm not a huge fan of Chris Wallace ( and his father makes me want to puke ) but I'll be watching to get his post mortem .