Author Topic: China  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: China
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 09:01:00 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-launches-nationwide-program-encourage-people-marry-and-have-more-children

LOL!  Drop the Caili and breed, damnit!

::hysterical::

And, uhh...where do Communists get married?  Any city prefecture by some atheist political fop?  Just curious...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »
Garland Nixon started a sh*t storm with a sarcastic tweet.

https://twitter.com/GarlandNixon/status/1625945743000276995
Garland Nixon
@GarlandNixon
BREAKING NEWS: White House insiders leak that, when asked if there could be any greater disaster than the neocon Ukraine project, President Biden responded, "wait until you see our plan for the destruction of Taiwan."
1:50 PM · Feb 15, 2023
·
 Views

Much later he comments on it after some US politician threatens to blow up TSMC. 59 min.
https://youtu.be/56RfUA_xxWc?t=3556
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2023, 08:02:43 AM »
This continued linking of Taiwan to Ukraine seems desperate and weak IMO...it is only clouded by the fact that The Kenyan's puppet is the primary driver behind the Ukraine mess when (as Trump states) negotiating an end should be the goal, the cause of keeping the Chi-Com's from spreading like maggots across Asia is a goal worth pursuing...like preventing the Mahdi Death Cult or Kim-led Norks from nuking the planet...but because of the current American regime even a worthy goal gets thrown into the Neo-Con gutter by people whose only solution to those three nations is total capitulation and retreating into your bunker (aka - the mislabeled "safe space").  Any idiot can attack, and any coward can quit.  Give me viable plans that don't involve sticking our head in the dirt and exposing our ass?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2023, 12:06:01 PM »
This continued linking of Taiwan to Ukraine seems desperate and weak IMO...it is only clouded by the fact that The Kenyan's puppet is the primary driver behind the Ukraine mess when (as Trump states) negotiating an end should be the goal, the cause of keeping the Chi-Com's from spreading like maggots across Asia is a goal worth pursuing...like preventing the Mahdi Death Cult or Kim-led Norks from nuking the planet...but because of the current American regime even a worthy goal gets thrown into the Neo-Con gutter by people whose only solution to those three nations is total capitulation and retreating into your bunker (aka - the mislabeled "safe space").  Any idiot can attack, and any coward can quit.  Give me viable plans that don't involve sticking our head in the dirt and exposing our ass?

What do the people of Taiwan want? They may not want Taiwan destroyed like Ukraine in order to save it. There is a presidential election coming up as I recall.
One analyst said that the ideal of the people of Taiwan is to have a govt like Singapore. I have read that more than one western polling organization said that the CCP/CPC enjoys very high support, much higher than US congress. Even a monarchy can be responsive to what people want.

I could be wrong, but I think that people in China vote for local party officials who in turn vote for higher ups who vote for even higher ups.  It took Xi 30-40 years to work his way up by not screwing up increasingly higher positions all over China. There is corruption that may be worse than the Bidens. There used to be a 2 term limit but they changed that for Xi.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2023, 12:20:55 PM »

What do the people of Taiwan want? They may not want Taiwan destroyed like Ukraine in order to save it. There is a presidential election coming up as I recall.
One analyst said that the ideal of the people of Taiwan is to have a govt like Singapore. I have read that more than one western polling organization said that the CCP/CPC enjoys very high support, much higher than US congress. Even a monarchy can be responsive to what people want.

I could be wrong, but I think that people in China vote for local party officials who in turn vote for higher ups who vote for even higher ups.  It took Xi 30-40 years to work his way up by not screwing up increasingly higher positions all over China. There is corruption that may be worse than the Bidens. There used to be a 2 term limit but they changed that for Xi.

Takes two to destroy something...or are crazy people taking about US military by itself rendering the island uninhabitable?  Not buying this Taiwan destruction BS.  And if it takes only a majority (thug rule) why would anybody anywhere resist any tyranny?  Better to die on ones knees than standing for something better?  People want to live under communist rule...here's an idea...move to fricken Communist China...oh no...can't have that...gotta drag those resisters along...throw them into re-education camps...or a mass grave...the people have spoken.

China will not allow a new Singapore...basically what Nationalist Chinese wanted when they fled the Communists...I guess those escapees got it coming to them...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2023, 12:30:24 PM »

There is a difference between "result" and "blame." The US long ago agreed that Taiwan is part of China and says so in writing. The US could take actions to provoke China into attacking Taiwan. That would result in destruction of Taiwan and the US would blame China. The result would be the destruction of Taiwan. Taiwan is very important and very close to China and has been for a while. Other countries get a vote on what is important to them, not just the US.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »

There is a difference between "result" and "blame." The US long ago agreed that Taiwan is part of China and says so in writing. The US could take actions to provoke China into attacking Taiwan. That would result in destruction of Taiwan and the US would blame China. The result would be the destruction of Taiwan. Taiwan is very important and very close to China and has been for a while. Other countries get a vote on what is important to them, not just the US.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1660682836792291329

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2023, 07:54:22 AM »
And the inventor of cultural revolutions...condemning others...that IS rich!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/escobar-adventures-natostan-sparks-flying-ibiza-locked-down-bilderberg-lisbon

But Pepe the Buttpuppet of Communist China and Imperial Russia sees his hegemons with thick rose-colored glasses...plus, he could use a fricken bibb too...

What a rank fanboy loser...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 10:27:45 PM »

I read a book years ago, partly dated as to censorship, The Party. Made me realize I did not understand China. Here is another historical video. Same result. Very interesting to me.

I once looked at the career history of Xi and other members of the 7 member CCP/CPC standing committee. It did not seem to be so bad.

https://youtu.be/lrFQ4U7ie6Y
China´s Forbidden City The Reign of the Concubine | Full Documentary

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 09:35:33 AM »
No comedy for you!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/comedian-arrested-beijing-informants-become-norm-again-china-eroding-mutual-trust

Communist states and rat-fink scum go hand in hand...

And even commies play economic games...

The Shenzhen Real Estate Intermediary Association on Friday issued the reminder to caution the market, stressing that the so-called practices of "zero down payment" and "negative down payment" violate China's financial and credit policies. It warned local agencies and practitioners to strictly abide by the principle that "houses are for living in, not speculation," calling for review and adjustment of agency management and prohibiting any form of participation in similar practices.
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/chinese-developers-resorting-negative-down-payment-practices

LOL, no speculation...that is only for high-ranking party officials!

As for this...

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/china-announces-plan-put-humans-moon

...there goes the neighborhood.

::unknowncomic::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 01:22:19 PM »

I watched more China history docs. They have lots of history. I think they do not want chaos as it is very destructive and causes starvation and mass death. Most recently Mao.

I never looked at China history before. They were often conquered by outsiders like Mongols but the Mongols adopted Chinese customs.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2023, 12:37:14 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2023, 08:35:32 AM »
Ahh, the powerful hand of the communist party dictate...

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/china-tells-largest-banks-cut-deposit-rates-bid-boost-growth

I think another lockdown/beatdown of the populace should solve things to the satisfaction of the Politburo...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 02:58:06 PM »

China is weird to me. The culture is weird. The history is weird. The language is weird. According to a heavily footnoted book I read, their language effects the way they think and view the world. Lots of experiments show this. The experiments are reproduceable. If you learn Chinese plus another language the order learned effects the results. . Maybe the genetics are different from the west.

People should not assume that the people on Taiwan are like westerners. I hope people start asking them questions.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2023, 08:37:26 AM »
Ancient waring tribal China is interesting, the several imperial dynasties are interesting...but when Mao and the communists came along and seized all of China and drove the nationalists off the mainland they stopped being interesting to me and became something to oppose...

As for the people of Taiwan IMO most people don't know, want to know or care what they think...and even if we did most people wouldn't believe the majority want to capitulate to communist rule or oppose communist rule...people have already made up their minds...

I've always been willing to reconsider my opinions...but when it comes to totalitarian regimes (communist, fascist or a Mahdi Death Cult) I am steadfastly hostile towards any accommodation or conciliation...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2023, 11:30:51 AM »

'I used to watch lots of video blogs from China. I check  in on some of the critical ones from time to time. IMO Mao was a monster and did a great deal of harm to China. That the CCP/CPC still displays his image creeps me out. I see almost nothing  in Xi to compare to Mao. They use the word "communist" but so did Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot. I think it is good to dig down and look at the mechanics of how they operate as much as possible.

IMO the Taiwanese people want to make money, have stability, law and order, family life.  They might see what is happening in Ukraine and decide they do not want to goad China into attacking them. Taiwan currently trades a lot with China.Disrupting trade would destroy Taiwan.

What is this so called communism in China? BTW I could make a list of negative or suspected negative things about their system of govt.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2023, 12:19:26 PM »
Taiwan currently trades a lot with China.Disrupting trade would destroy Taiwan.

And that is the main issue.  China doesn't have to attack Taiwan to destroy it.  They just have to stop the flow of trade.  I've heard that personally from business people there.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2023, 08:00:55 AM »
That they haven't done it indicates it might be an over-stated threat...

But if it has put concern in the minds of those susceptible to it then the strategy is successful since it will curb for lack of a better word "extreme" actions injurious to the Communist aims...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »

The US govt seems to have only one tool in their tool bag and that is military. The US could provoke an invasion by giving Taiwan nukes. I fear some on the US govt would like a war.

I suspect that the US govt 'knew' that Russia would collapse due to sanctions after they invaded.  So they wanted the war there. I hope they are not optimistic about a war over Taiwan. I am no military expert but I would foresee US carriers sunk. Then again maybe the US govt is not results oriented.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2023, 10:27:50 AM »
I'm sure the other Pacific Rim nations would welcome a Communist invasion of Taiwan and greater military expansion for them in the region...it'd be crazy to think that isn't a good thing...

::unknowncomic::