Author Topic: Obstructing Government Administration? So says the police state!  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/woman-arrested-for-taping-police-from-her-front-yard/

What a load of bovine excrement!  Obstruct how?  No physical interaction with the police, show the obstruction?!

I don't care what she may have called you after you told her to she can't be on her own property!

It's jackasses like this that give all cops a bad name, make them all appear to be stooges of Big Government and against law abiding citizens!

Obstructing Government Administration!

I have only begun to obstruct!!!

::cussing::

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Obstructing Government Administration? So says the police state!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »
We need to turn the cameras on them!  Everywhere we go we're recorded.  We need to start doing the same.  

I hope this gets more attention.  It's pretty clear that cops believe they can justify their actions and exert power over you--it's obvious to me that he'd already made the decision of what he was going to do. I'm guessing if she'd gone inside and continued filming he would have found some reason to continue messing with her.

Seconds after I posted this my daughter came to me and asked if I'd read to her.  Normally, she reads to herself but she said I make it more interesting (I tend to digress and add my own comments lol)  It was about Lexington, Concord and the Battle of Bunker Hill and George Washington becoming Commander-in-Chief of the American Army.  I choked up.  What can I say?  My kindred spirits lived more than 230 years ago.  The folks around me today?  ::puke:: They just want someone to take care of them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:30:12 AM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
Yeah, I feel displaced in time as well.  Oh well...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »

Caught Savage today playing and comparing quotes from Jonas Salk and Anthony Weiner relative to the degradation of our culture and Hollywood's culpability.  Referred to Woody Allen as a schlemiel, or the Jewish version of Stepin' Fetchit'.

It is my goal to have cameras outside house and car 360°.
LINK

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:41:53 AM »
I remember the Rodney King incident was one of the first instances of citizens recording negative police action.  Of course, the media pumped up the outrage by selectively editing that tape and forgetting to mention King was driving under the influence at excessive speeds, or that the other passenger(s) in the car was/were not beaten because they did exactly what the police told them to do after King finally stopped the car.

That being said, you take public pay, you cannot complain about being filmed while performing your public job.  It is so ironic that cops have dash cams to protect themselves from lawsuits as a result of their interaction with the public, but citizens are not allowed the same protection by filming their interactions with the police.

With the ubiquitous nature of cell phone cameras today, expect the police to keep pushing the 'government obstruction' meme against citizens who film the police doing their jobs.  They may even try to get laws passed to make the filming of police doing their jobs a much more serious crime, but even that will not stop the problem.  The problem will end when the police no longer act like government paid thugs.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:22 AM »
As far as I am concerned the same mindset that makes them assume every citizen is a criminal who is guilty of something is the same mindset that thinks guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens is a bad idea and the same mindset that elevated multi-culti/diversity/pc BS ahead of common sense and honoring the spirit of their traditional protect & serve model...it's all about them and they think they answer to politicians and unions, not us!  They've chosen their side and their eventual fate has been predetermined by their actions.  People have to realize that in almost all respects their safety and their rights are their responsibility and they should not expect the police to be on their side in any interaction.  Sucks saying that but I think it is largely true.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 02:39:06 PM »
This may not be the best example of police's negative reaction to being filmed . I think we're aware of far more blatantly egregious cases . It does happen and we should continue to keep our cameras at the ready .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
What happened to property rights?? He had no legal cause to enter her property and that will come out in the suit!!These asshats need a nice strong tug to their chocker collars.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
As far as I am concerned the same mindset that makes them assume every citizen is a criminal who is guilty of something is the same mindset that thinks guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens is a bad idea and the same mindset that elevated multi-culti/diversity/pc BS ahead of common sense and honoring the spirit of their traditional protect & serve model...it's all about them and they think they answer to politicians and unions, not us!  They've chosen their side and their eventual fate has been predetermined by their actions.  People have to realize that in almost all respects their safety and their rights are their responsibility and they should not expect the police to be on their side in any interaction.  Sucks saying that but I think it is largely true.

I think the union mentality plays a major part.  I support the abolition of all government unions, including police unions.  Especially police unions.  They need to learn that they work for us, the law-abiding citizens, not the other way around.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »

I think the union mentality plays a major part.  I support the abolition of all government unions, including police unions.  Especially police unions.  They need to learn that they work for us, the law-abiding citizens, not the other way around.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
I still remember when being a cop was an honorable profession...