Author Topic: TSA and you  (Read 757 times)

charlesoakwood

TSA and you
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »

Think you could avoid the TSA's body scanners and pat-downs...?

[blockquote]
...But more and more, they seem to involve giving airport-style pat-downs and screenings of unsuspecting passengers at bus terminals, ferries, and even subways.
[/blockquote]

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: TSA and you
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »
Why did I just think of those health class films, looking at that header?  ::thinking::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
WHAT THE HELL????

Not to worry: security isn't the only goal of VIPR. A recent VIPR operation/screening at a Tampa Greyhound bus station was conducted with US Border Patrol and ICE. "What we're looking for is threats to national security as well as immigration law violators," said Steve McDonald from US Border Patrol.

You want to find immigration law violators illegal aliens?  Park it up the street from me where you can see them every morning heading out in their landscaping trucks!

Defund this now.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »
Why did I just think of those health class films, looking at that header?  ::thinking::

Heh, complete with herky-jerky projection/audio and a smart-ass sounding narrator...

"Here is little Johnny going through security.  Oh no, little Johnny is obviously over-reacting to TSA pat downs.  Little Johnny just earned himself a strip-search and full-cavity inspection due to his inability to cooperate with TSA agents.  Don't you make the mistake little Johnny made!"

::)

::gaah::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »

!   ::speechless::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »
This government not of the people is completely off the constitutional reservation!!!

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »
LINK

So, what’ll you have while you wait for your flight: beer, juice, cola, coffee, tea? The TSA is not buying, mind you, but inquiring minds at that agency want to know. In fact their curiosity is such that they want you to volunteer part of your drink so that they can test it at the gate. No, silly, they are not asking you to furnish them with a urine sample (at least not yet!).

TSA employees have many layers of security throughout airports. Passengers may be randomly selected for additional screening measures at the checkpoint or in the gate at any time.

So NOW the TSA can screen people at security AND at the gate. How much longer until they will have armed military personnel patrolling the airports, greyhound bus depots, train stations and all interstate rest stops and weigh stations with random stop and frisk protocols?

We're looking more and more like a third world country everyday....
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
LOL....I appreciated the part where it became a "human rights violation" when it was reportedly targeting latinos....LOLOLOL

There are no words....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »
Who does this intrusion NOT effect?

Those who cannot afford to or who choose not to travel by air.

This is not about security, it is about making the air-traveling segment of the productive class feel oppressed and invaded by government. It is meant to make us used to the feeling of not being in control of our privacy and personal space, and that it must be ceded to government upon demand.

Like John Roberts, this is a gift from George W. Bush.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
Those who cannot afford to or who choose not to travel by air.

Yeah but the TSA is not just about air travel anymore. They are all over mass transit of any kind - including individuals traveling in their personal vehicles along any interstate highway.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus