Author Topic: ‘Bad’ Cholesterol May Not Be So Bad  (Read 164 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
‘Bad’ Cholesterol May Not Be So Bad
« on: July 19, 2023, 05:11:43 PM »
IOW, large  buoyant good, small dense bad

... Interestingly, fats increase large, buoyant LDLs and decrease small, dense LDLs, whereas refined carbohydrates increase small, dense LDLs. Professor Erik Froyen from California State Polytechnic University, who has a doctorate in nutritional biology and whose research investigates mechanisms by which fatty acids impact cancer and cardiovascular disease risk factors, has also demonstrated this in his work.

Some research suggests that intake of refined carbohydrates is more relevant than saturated fat in causing coronary heart disease.

Further IOW, carbs turn to sugar BAD, fats good for you.

AND, I don't care what they *think* they know about statins, they're BAD for you as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: ‘Bad’ Cholesterol May Not Be So Bad
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 08:17:54 AM »
IOW, large  buoyant good, small dense bad

... Interestingly, fats increase large, buoyant LDLs and decrease small, dense LDLs, whereas refined carbohydrates increase small, dense LDLs. Professor Erik Froyen from California State Polytechnic University, who has a doctorate in nutritional biology and whose research investigates mechanisms by which fatty acids impact cancer and cardiovascular disease risk factors, has also demonstrated this in his work.

Some research suggests that intake of refined carbohydrates is more relevant than saturated fat in causing coronary heart disease.

Further IOW, carbs turn to sugar BAD, fats good for you.

AND, I don't care what they *think* they know about statins, they're BAD for you as well.

I agree on all points!  IIRC the fats stuff we've argued probably going back to PL days...one of the reasons why when (especially the MFM) touts some "expert(s)" and their "study" declaring this or that triggers my impulse to throat-punch them.  Rent-seeking whores is what they mostly are.  The "scientific method" was being murdered over the decades...the scamdemic was the last straw.  No more free passes...if their conclusions don't pass the smell test and adhere to the legitimate scientific method...they will be judged charlatans.  This passes the smell test, and not knowing the book referenced I suspect they are not undisciplined doctors.

Never liked statins...like Remdesivir & ventilators for C-19 patients I suspect revenues over healing is the goal...cannot make money off healthy people!   ::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.