Author Topic: Friendly Reminder  (Read 3376 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Friendly Reminder
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:50:27 AM »
To those of us who leave breadcrumbs around the blogosphere with our http:// web address as part of your bio, remember to change from IAF to IAL.

Thank you.
Thank you very much.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Friendly Reminder
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
Yes! Everyone do! I did as well, thanks for the reminder BigAl.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
I just noticed a Roy Rogers post on Hot Air:

norm1111 on February 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

bifullofbs must have missed the Kathy Griffin USO tour reaction from our young Warfighters.

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM

You click on his name and it directs you to a ProBoards message:

Account Suspended
In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline.

Hey Roy! Over here!
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
I just noticed a Roy Rogers post on Hot Air:

norm1111 on February 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

bifullofbs must have missed the Kathy Griffin USO tour reaction from our young Warfighters.

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM

You click on his name and it directs you to a ProBoards message:

Account Suspended
In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline.

Hey Roy! Over here!

A mass-mail message was sent, to him as well I presume.  I'll do another solo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:35 PM »
I have this site listed as my website with a half a dozen places that I post on...I updated it on Sunday.

Here are the places that I list a website with:

HotAir
AceOfSpadesHQ
Amazon
RedState
Sweetness & Light
Gateway Pundit (you have to enter it there each time you post)

Of course there are a zillion more out there and each one that you post on has the potential to drive another new member to our site.  So, yeah, please include this web address in your "profile" info for any site that you post on.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »
One more thing, and this is significant: 

At the FNC site you can post a comment on just about every article that they write.  As far as I can tell they do not moderate these comments.  This is a huge opening to promote our site.  Post a relevant comment on an article (preferably a political article that might be of interest to conservatives) and at the end of your comment put in a little pitch for this site.  Something like, "A great place for conservatives is itsaboutliberty.com"  It will be posted immediately and the web address is even made into a hyperlink.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

Don't bother posting a comment to an article that is "hot" (i.e. a lot of comments being thrown in rapidly) because it will only get lost in the shuffle.  Wait for things to cool down or, better yet, post on an article that is somewhat less crazy with comment traffic. 

There won't be any big boost in our traffic or membership here if only one or two people do this and if it is done sporadically.  It has to be a habit.  I know that many of you read articles at FNC.  Take an extra moment when you do to post a comment every time and include the invitation. 
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
...At the FNC site you can post a comment on just about every article that they write.  As far as I can tell they do not moderate these comments....

For some reason when I posted it said that my comment would have to be approved by a moderator before appearing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
Hmmm...my comments appeared immediately so I concluded that there was little or no moderation.  Maybe the moderator was on coffee break.  In any event it is always worth a try.  It's free advertising for us if it gets through.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »
...At the FNC site you can post a comment on just about every article that they write.  As far as I can tell they do not moderate these comments....

For some reason when I posted it said that my comment would have to be approved by a moderator before appearing.

IDP, it must be the giant asterisk beside your http or IP address in that Great Book of Internet Troublemakers . . .
--------------

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »

IDP, it must be the giant asterisk beside your http or IP address in that Great Book of Internet Troublemakers . . .

Ya know.... I may just get there yet! But if I do, it won't without all y'all!

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »
Hmmm...my comments appeared immediately so I concluded that there was little or no moderation.  Maybe the moderator was on coffee break.  In any event it is always worth a try.  It's free advertising for us if it gets through.
If I remember correctly, the pop-up that told me that my comment was waiting for moderation had that "disqus" logo on it. Isn't that the same identity verification thing like they used at powerline when they went through their "real name only" phase?

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
Okay, I guess you are right but they have so many comments coming in that the standard for moderation is pretty accepting.  I just posted again and within a minute my comment (with the site address attached to it) was up and had already been flagged by several people who liked it.

It will take a lot of those comments to get a new person to show up here but it will be worth it to keep the forum population healthy.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
Okay, I guess you are right but they have so many comments coming in that the standard for moderation is pretty accepting.  I just posted again and within a minute my comment (with the site address attached to it) was up and had already been flagged by several people who liked it.

It will take a lot of those comments to get a new person to show up here but it will be worth it to keep the forum population healthy.

I'll try again at FNC.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm doing it now at PajamasMedia comments. Hopefully it'll bring some people here. People of the right sort!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »
Thanks.  Every bit helps.