Author Topic: Tyrannosaurus Debt  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Tyrannosaurus Debt
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
School House Rocks - Tyrannosaurus Debt

The more things Change, the more they stay the same.

(For those who are not in their 40s..this was part of a series of Cartoons called School House Rock that ABC aired in lieu of commercials during the Saturday morning cartoons in the 70s to meet their federal educational content requirment.  As a result a narrow band of American youth was (unintentionally) indoctrinated with Patriotic ideas. My teacher couldn't undersantd why everyone was humming when he forced us to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution)

School House Rock Preamble

charlesoakwood

Re: Tyrannosaurus Debt
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »

Cool.

Something interesting illustrated in the video; the Infantilization of our youth.
In the first voting scene the child is by herself, in the second voting scene she is with her mother.  If that video were made today where would the child be?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »

Cool.

Something interesting illustrated in the video; the Infantilization of our youth.
In the first voting scene the child is by herself, in the second voting scene she is with her mother.  If that video were made today where would the child be?

These were made before the culture rot was in full swing.. but you will detect the leftist agenda creeping in with some of the songs.  Three Ring Circus an an analogy for government, "America was the land of hope, or so the legend told"  etc.. Still, its hard for me not to love them as they were pounded into my head relentlessly.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
The problem with lessons about civics is that they tend to be dry, dull and boring. The Schoolhouse Rock series aimed at changing that with grade school age children and it did a good job.

My personal favorite though, for an older audience, is the book written by P.J. O'Rourke, "Parliament Of Whores."

Favorite quote from the book: "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »
It sucks that we had to go to this length to prove PJ correct!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.