Author Topic: The Ben Bernanke Admits What We Already Knew...  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Ben Bernanke Admits What We Already Knew...
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »
...He's a freaking moron!  Only a devotee moronic Keynesian economics can be so mystified by reality!  I scarcely know where to begin, he's simply the dumbest so-called smart person on the planet!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20110622/D9O16AK02.html

::unknowncomic::
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:59:27 AM by trapeze »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: The Ben Bernanke Admits What We Already Knew...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
[blockquote]
"We don't have a precise read on why this slower pace of growth is persisting," Bernanke said. He said the weak housing market and problems in the banking system might be "more persistent than we thought."

In a policy statement issued at the end of a two-day meeting, the Fed blamed the worsening economic outlook in part on higher energy prices and the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, which slowed production of cars and other products.
[/blockquote]

Last night on Kudlow the main topic was stagflation.

[blockquote]
#Bernank admits he's stuck with stagflation.Doesn't know what to do.My answer:tighten money,cut spending,taxes and regulation.
[/blockquote]

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:59:38 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »

[blockquote]
"We don't have a precise read on why this slower pace of growth is persisting," Bernanke said. He said the weak housing market and problems in the banking system might be "more persistent than we thought."

In a policy statement issued at the end of a two-day meeting, the Fed blamed the worsening economic outlook in part on higher energy prices and the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, which slowed production of cars and other products.
[/blockquote]

Last night on Kudlow the main topic was stagflation.

[blockquote]
#Bernank admits he's stuck with stagflation.Doesn't know what to do.My answer:tighten money,cut spending,taxes and regulation.
[/blockquote]

::thumbsup::

A sane prescription!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:00:06 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
And the markets are plummeting from the get-go!

We'll see if there are any bottom-feeders jumping in by close of day, but right now economic gloom is winning the day.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »

Cantor has walked out of White House meetings leaving Boehner.  It is said that Boehner was getting to conciliatory with the White House crew.  Terms used "he threw Boehner under the bus.

It seems that sMitch McConnell is agreeing with Cantor.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »

[blockquote]
<shatner_voice>

Farce… the Financial Frontier. These are the voyages of the Federal Reserve. Its five-score-year             
    mission: to explore strange new monetary value depths, to seek out new life in zombie Economics, to
    boldly go where no man with a shred of policy sense has gone before. . .

</shatner_voice>
[/blockquote]

HT: The Other McCain

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »

Cantor has walked out of White House meetings leaving Boehner.  It is said that Boehner was getting to conciliatory with the White House crew.  Terms used "he threw Boehner under the bus.

It seems that sMitch McConnell is agreeing with Cantor.

Kyl walked too, and all the MFM & Dingy Harry are talking about is how mean the Repub's are for asking "Where's Obama"?!

Some are beginning to see all Obama is looking for is CYA, he wants Repub's to join hands with the proglodytes and go over the cliff together...the wise ones are recognizing this and pulling out so as to not get shellacked for caving into business as usual!  Somebody better tell Boehner and the rest of the idiots meeting with Slow Joe to GTFO!

!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »

[blockquote]
<shatner_voice>

Farce… the Financial Frontier. These are the voyages of the Federal Reserve. Its five-score-year             
    mission: to explore strange new monetary value depths, to seek out new life in zombie Economics, to
    boldly go where no man with a shred of policy sense has gone before. . .

</shatner_voice>
[/blockquote]

HT: The Other McCain

Heh!  I like it!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57621.html

Republicans launched a concerted campaign Thursday to draw President Barack Obama more directly into deficit-reduction talks, with House Majority Leader Eric Cantor saying that he will no longer participate in White House talks until the president has personally resolved the divisive issue of taxes.

Cantor’s decision came as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) delivered a broadside on the floor, also keyed to the tax issue and titled “Where’s the President?”  ::thumbsup::  oh Mitch, you can talk so much like a mayn when you need to.
There was no confirmation that Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) would also pull out of the talks ... ::laughonfloor::

Kyl and McConnell issued a joint statement on Thursday saying any negotiations that involve tax increases are essentially a non starter.    ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »
A spine discovered or transplanted, I don't care...just...don't...blink!!!

::oldman::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
What these goobers need to learn is that if they'll just start showing some backbone and arguing forcefully on behalf of that huge majority that (re)elected them in 2010, most of us would be willing to forgive (but not forget) their past squishiness. This is not to say I am less disgusted by the squishes, just that I'm happily willing to put aside my personal disdain if it means they'll start acting halfway right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »
I'm getting a bad vibe on these negotiations on the debt ceiling...they got Obamakov to get personally involved, but he's meeting the Senate & House leadership in separate meetings?  WTF?!  Why not together?  I can only conclude that Obamakov & Dingy Harry want to arm-twist McConnell.  And none of the BS semantics crap will sit well with people either if they think they can pass higher taxes on people and call it something else.  I smell a set-up, DemonRats never have and never will play fair, and there is nobody more duplicitous than this POSOTUS!  McConnell & Boehner better not screw the pooch!