Author Topic: Trust in government ranking looks to match tolerance of totalitarianism to me  (Read 275 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/these-are-countries-trusting-government-most-and-least

Some serfs incapable/unwilling to know when they are in a totalitarian state...

Matching my long held belief (with no evidence seen yet to change my mind) that most all governments are despotic to one degree or another...the myth of the perfect state is just that...pure myth!

A majority of citizens on this planet need to take the red pill!!!   ::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
China is weird. It is full of Chinese. I read some books on recent Chinese govt. It is not a western style democracy but seems to work for them and may be more responsive to what people want than the US govt.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
So, the people want repression, forced medical procedures, 24/7 surveillance, re-education, incarceration and execution?

There's a word for such people - idiots.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
So, the people want repression, forced medical procedures, 24/7 surveillance, re-education, incarceration and execution?

I am not sure how much of that is real and how much is exaggerated. I used to watch the ADVChina guys video blogs a lot.  Lots of anecdotes. Censorship and monitoring got a lot worse over their time inside China. Also anti foreign propaganda.  Now they rehash old stories and bash the CCP so I seldom watch them. They live in US.  They rode their motorcycles though every China province and made videos. I trust such reporting over all others.

Read the book Red Roulette which was good. By a China native educated in US at UW Madison in business. Rich man now in London. His ex wife disappeared. Lots of court intrigue. I watched a few docs on Chna history including The Last Concubine.  I got current and ancient history confused as they seem the same.

Col Mcgregor said Xi is acting like an emperor and the people are OK with that. He also said that Asians prefer a fascist form of govt, where corps and govt act as one. He said see Singapore.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I am not sure how much of that is real and how much is exaggerated. I used to watch the ADVChina guys video blogs a lot.  Lots of anecdotes. Censorship and monitoring got a lot worse over their time inside China. Also anti foreign propaganda.  Now they rehash old stories and bash the CCP so I seldom watch them. They live in US.  They rode their motorcycles though every China province and made videos. I trust such reporting over all others.

Read the book Red Roulette which was good. By a China native educated in US at UW Madison in business. Rich man now in London. His ex wife disappeared. Lots of court intrigue. I watched a few docs on Chna history including The Last Concubine.  I got current and ancient history confused as they seem the same.

Col Mcgregor said Xi is acting like an emperor and the people are OK with that. He also said that Asians prefer a fascist form of govt, where corps and govt act as one. He said see Singapore.

Makes me dislike McGregor even more...and I have been to Singapore several times...they are strict on law enforcement, but I never saw any abuses, if that's fascism it is the softest on the planet...can't say the same about China...you go on a national tour of China, let me know how that goes...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Looking out at Idiocracy, I'm starting to believe the best you can hope for is a Lee Kuan Yew type of situation.  It's obvious Americans are no longer capable of self governance.  Heck. Some parts of America have devolved to the point where they can no longer provide indoor plumbing.  And Boeing is a great example of how things are starting to just fall apart and become more dysfunctional.

Singapore is a nice place.  And all the different groups, Indians, Arabs, Chinese, Malays, are forced to play nice with each other lest they get deported. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Looking out at Idiocracy, I'm starting to believe the best you can hope for is a Lee Kuan Yew type of situation.  It's obvious Americans are no longer capable of self governance.  Heck. Some parts of America have devolved to the point where they can no longer provide indoor plumbing.  And Boeing is a great example of how things are starting to just fall apart and become more dysfunctional.

Singapore is a nice place.  And all the different groups, Indians, Arabs, Chinese, Malays, are forced to play nice with each other lest they get deported.

To the first part, that is what is driving the bifurcation of America, why the feral cities will rot and collapse..

For the latter part, I agree, and the food is really good IMO too.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

To the first part, that is what is driving the bifurcation of America, why the feral cities will rot and collapse..

For the latter part, I agree, and the food is really good IMO too.

I do not think China is that bad if you stay out of trouble. If you FAFO bad things can happen. The ADVChina guys told lots of anecdotes.

I recall that in Singapore the govt decides where people can live and different ethnic groups are dispersed. I recall they do not allow immigration to take low skill jobs as they do not want to screw over their own low skill citizens. BUT I recently read about some low skilled temp workers from outside.

In China people can get in trouble for criticizing the govt.  Social media is tightly monitored. In the book Red Roulette the author's ex wife had lots of high CCP connections and used to them to get ahead. She was a very powerful and rich woman who went by the name "Whitney." One day she got disappeared.

Right before the book was to be published he got a call from her asking him not to publish. He did. He was out of the country with their son when it happened.

I am learning that Russia also has laws to force people to get along in part remnants of the USSR preaching or propaganda. There are laws against inciting ethnic or religious hatred. Burn a Koran and go to prison. The music group Pussy Riot acted out in a huge famous church on red square. 20% of Russians said it was anti Putin but 40% said it was sacrilege against the church, this after hearing the words.  They went to prison.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Reinforces my tolerance/totalitarian dynamic...