Author Topic: The Closing of the Liberal Mind  (Read 754 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
The Closing of the Liberal Mind
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »
I like reading Daniel Greenfield's stuff
He explains the liberal mindset well here
http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-closing-of-liberal-mind.html

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The Closing of the Liberal Mind
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
That's a damn good read.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
That's a damn good read.
Indeed it was!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
Results don't matter; it's all about good intentions. That is all that can be judged. A very smart, University trained friend answered my challenge with "Ask the polar bears." OMG. He's an Electrical Engineer among other technical accomplishments!The current Administration is forcing them to be guides in the Potemkin Village, and it is stressing them to the point that they are beginning to realize it, which they hate.What will happen is that some indignant Liberal columnist or talking head will get FAME for pulling back the curtain, and it will be fashionable to be a rebel, again. Like hating religion, it will be refreshingly cool. Hopefully, they will be medicated enough to endure the initial shock. Some may not survive.-Denis O in the comments

Yeah, I just don't see that happening.  At least not soon

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »
I liked it because it shows the evolution of how we got here

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »
I liked it because it shows the evolution of how we got here.

Bob Woodward should read it; he can obviously use a refresher course ...

When Bob Woodward calls out the White House on a point of fact and then on the treatment of journalists, you load up the contempt cannons and let him have it. You mock him for being an egotist, for making the story all about him, for being a sissy and a coward and a bad journalist. None of these things are significant in detail. They are conveniences and the mockers are far more guilty of them than the mockee. You really mock him for the same reason that you mock Republicans. You mock him because he has become an obstacle in the forward march of progress and in the post-journalistic era, snark is the easiest and cheapest weapon in your social arsenal.  The one that denotes superiority through contempt, rather than truth.

Woodward might say that the facts matter, but that's old-school journalism thinking. There are no more facts, only fact checks. And those fact checks are meant to prove that we are right and they are wrong.

He might also take a historical lesson from recent events swirling around him:  people like him, who dare to voice their disillusion with the regime they helped gain and consolidate power, will be among the first to be disappeared.

Or is this just more "Prison Planet" talk?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:13:46 PM »
No, it's not nearly provocative enough it also lacks hyperbole.  But I do appreciate those that dare go
there to glean information and truth.

Bob doesn't need to review the past he helped construct it and he's no fool. 
He's such a not a fool that he realized getting on that Obamalie wagon
was a fools errand and gave himself a gold star by pricking the bubble.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
I liked it because it shows the evolution of how we got here.

Bob Woodward should read it; he can obviously use a refresher course ...

When Bob Woodward calls out the White House on a point of fact and then on the treatment of journalists, you load up the contempt cannons and let him have it. You mock him for being an egotist, for making the story all about him, for being a sissy and a coward and a bad journalist. None of these things are significant in detail. They are conveniences and the mockers are far more guilty of them than the mockee. You really mock him for the same reason that you mock Republicans. You mock him because he has become an obstacle in the forward march of progress and in the post-journalistic era, snark is the easiest and cheapest weapon in your social arsenal.  The one that denotes superiority through contempt, rather than truth.

Woodward might say that the facts matter, but that's old-school journalism thinking. There are no more facts, only fact checks. And those fact checks are meant to prove that we are right and they are wrong.

He might also take a historical lesson from recent events swirling around him:  people like him, who dare to voice their disillusion with the regime they helped gain and consolidate power, will be among the first to be disappeared.

Or is this just more "Prison Planet" talk?

No, sounds like truth to me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.