Author Topic: When You Are So STUPID You Have To Ask...  (Read 3569 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: When You Are So STUPID You Have To Ask...
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »
The "American Constitution Society" must advocate for the constitution in the same way "Planned Parenthood" advocates for children.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
God help me!! ::gaah::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »
The "American Constitution Society" must advocate for the constitution in the same way "Planned Parenthood" advocates for children.

From the article:

Now, on the right we have the Federalist Society, a group of generally conservative scholars and other interested citizens devoted to the preservation of the Constitution.  So the left decided it needed an organization like this too, so someone formed the American Constitution Society (ACS), meant to be a liberal alternative to the Federalist Society.  (This shouldn’t be confused with the National Constitution Center, which by all appearances is an unrelated entity.)

And you can probably count on the ACS getting federal funding. It's usually a hand in glove thing for lib orgs to get fed grants and other forms of coerced OPM because otherwise they wouldn't get enough funding to stay open.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.