Topics > World/Foreign Affairs

Unreal, Russia shat-talks US on nukes, gets a UN pass & wants nuke plant on moon

(1/2) > >>

Libertas:
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/un-nuclear-ban-treaty-has-no-clothes

Such a joke.

And this...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/russia-mulls-putting-nuclear-power-plant-moon

Imperial Russia and Communist China holding nuclear hands on the moon...

Hello new space race...

patentlymn:

I do not understand the nuke plants on the moon. I am guessing they are part of some lunar lander.
Also, Russia has an existing nuclear power program that regularly makes and fuels nuke plants for export. The US does so erratically.

benb61:

--- Quote from: patentlymn on March 06, 2024, 12:01:45 PM ---
I do not understand the nuke plants on the moon. I am guessing they are part of some lunar lander.
Also, Russia has an existing nuclear power program that regularly makes and fuels nuke plants for export. The US does so erratically.

--- End quote ---

Nuclear power on the moon means no refueling of that power source for a long time, solar panels would require regular maintenance and any outpost on the moon would rather just throw a switch and have power 24/7/365.

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: benb61 on March 07, 2024, 11:43:47 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Nuclear power on the moon means no refueling of that power source for a long time, solar panels would require regular maintenance and any outpost on the moon would rather just throw a switch and have power 24/7/365.

--- End quote ---

If it was to power another thing that would require a human to connect the two, correct?

benb61:

--- Quote from: patentlymn on March 07, 2024, 03:22:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: benb61 on March 07, 2024, 11:43:47 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

If it was to power another thing that would require a human to connect the two, correct?

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily, lots of automation planned for lunar activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version