Author Topic: Vox Day on How Civilization Ends. About the deth of skills and the trdes.  (Read 14 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

Good link. Many good comments under Vox Day.
https://voxday.net/2024/05/08/how-civilization-ends/
How Civilization Ends

Tucker Goodrich is not optimistic, based on his experience with working on engines and machine shops.

https://twitter.com/TuckerGoodrich/status/1785649451702337543

1/2 This is how civilization ends.

"Due to the dwindling supply of quality machine shops and very poor quality aftermarket parts as well as a lack of people interested in learning the engine building and machine shop trades, I regret to inform our many followers and current as well as past customers that we will no longer be taking on any new engine build orders unless it is for a car we are restoring.  Since Covid, we have had to do rework on multiple engine builds due to poorly manufactured parts that failed during break in or machine work that was below our standards due to all the old farts like me dying off with no younger workers interested in taking their place.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Well, thank the morons who...

1) Outsourced manufacturing to fracking Communist China

2)  Promoted college (in useless degrees) and professors with tenue (teaching useless programs) instead of learning useful skills in trade schools

3)  UniParty hacks and corporatists who enable illegal immigration as cheap labor and telling the poor it is better to stay on government dole than work, further disincentivizing work and the desire to learn skills

4)  K-12 educators who threw merit and common sense education in the basics aside for cultural Marxist dreck that keeps spewing out dumber and more ignorant kids year after year
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
I wonder how this varies with culture and country?

I watched ride along videos with DPR militia guys. One question asked of them was what they did before the war started in 2014.
I was surprised at how many were in industrial jobs.
In some countries lower IQ kids are shunted off to tech schools around 8th grade. maybe 10 pct go to 4 year universities.

In US SCOTUS ruled that companies cannot use IQ tests to screen hires. Duke Power case.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown