Author Topic: Baltimore Bridge Collapse  (Read 610 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Baltimore Bridge Collapse
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 01:52:42 PM »

When the Deepwater Horizon incident was investigated, it was screw ups on to of screw ups.

People at the shipping company will be punished. Can you imagine the insurance claims that include the bridge?
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 08:26:53 AM »
I can see individual critics of CPC getting hacked but not big stuff not now. if there was a war I could see the big infra structure.

Maybe US govt is trying to stir up anti China stuff now. IMO China would be hurt by anything interfering in trade.

You might want to rethink that...they are very active, there have been lots of odd things going on here the past few years...and after the scamdemic their "trade goods" to US and Europe is a trickle, lucky to be even near 10% of pre-scamdemic normal...so really how important is it?  Especially by sea, it is a drop in the bucket to normal...most "critical" things coming over are by air...and their internal economy is not keeping people happy coming out of their vicious scamdemic lockdowns...hence a move on Taiwan is near, and then we'll see trade collapse to zero.  IMO they are prepping the battlespace.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 12:37:06 PM »
I can see individual critics of CPC getting hacked but not big stuff not now. if there was a war I could see the big infra structure.

Maybe US govt is trying to stir up anti China stuff now. IMO China would be hurt by anything interfering in trade.

You might want to rethink that...they are very active, there have been lots of odd things going on here the past few years...and after the scamdemic their "trade goods" to US and Europe is a trickle, lucky to be even near 10% of pre-scamdemic normal...so really how important is it?  Especially by sea, it is a drop in the bucket to normal...most "critical" things coming over are by air...and their internal economy is not keeping people happy coming out of their vicious scamdemic lockdowns...hence a move on Taiwan is near, and then we'll see trade collapse to zero.  IMO they are prepping the battlespace.

10 pct? You mean Walmart has different sources now?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2024, 08:38:25 AM »

10 pct? You mean Walmart has different sources now?

First, their inventory situation...anybody really know?  Have they closed any stores?  Same for others like Amazon, etc?  I know smaller outfits have problems filling what orders they do get because of "logistics", gosh, wonder what that means...  /  And struggling folks been cutting back.

Second, look at the major ports, tell me what you think the traffic level is compared to 2019-2020?

Third, I don't know all source changes, but reading labels I am seeing stuff from Mexico, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India and Vietnam.

Last, look at the traffic in China...is it intra-China or overseas...and how much?  Last I checked there was still a ton of intra-Asian traffic compared to overseas...maybe it isn't 10% anymore, maybe 20-25%  Still down.

And durable goods and replacement parts is a good indicator of a struggling economy and we're still struggling...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2024, 10:10:22 AM »
I can't help but think if part of the strategy behind this what I am still assuming to be intentional act is to hit another port traffic has been diverted to...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/baltimore-bridge-collapse-has-east-coast-ports-alert-cargo-diversions

...hope I am wrong and I hope civilian and military patrols are increased...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2024, 01:32:14 PM »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2024, 09:13:26 AM »
Bumper cars with barges and bridges...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/developing-oklahoma-bridge-shut-down-after-being-struck/

Love the accent.

Yeah, good 'ol boys...   ::thumbsup::

Small boats getting through the harbor now in Baltimore...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/temporary-shipping-channel-reopens-near-baltimore-bridge-collapse-small-vessels

I reckon the anti-ship-strike-barrier business is about to have a boom...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2024, 08:33:40 AM »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2024, 11:41:55 AM »

I remember long ago. There was a control system on the checkout floor for an Egyptian coal fired power plant. All pneumatic.

If you could charge the instrument air tank using an aux compressor you could start the plant. Once you got a rotating shaft you could  drive  compressor and get controls working. Electronics were not really needed for control.

I doubt this hacking story especially if done remotely.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2024, 01:30:35 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/none-shouldve-happened-baltimore-takes-container-ship-owner-manager-court-over-bridge

Take this with a grain of salt...until the cause of the power-loss issue and lack of redundant systems...the city has some exposure too for the lack of fenders on the bridge and I would suggest the fact that they do not have a harbor response system like NY (VTS) could be more exposure for them.

This is going to take a while to sort out before any compensation is determined.

Though, with FBI on the case that doesn't bode well...