Author Topic: Bachmann's speech at Right Online  (Read 2047 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Bachmann's speech at Right Online
« on: June 25, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »
This is a great speech - really worth watching the whole thing if you've got a half hour and want to get a true measure of this woman as a legitimate candidate. I sat down to skim through it and ended up watching it in its entirety.

If you want to get a feel without the time commitment, skip ahead to about 27 minutes and watch the final three minutes when she wraps it up with an analogous biblical reference, and asks for support. Impassioned and authentic are two words that spring to mind. Michele Bachmann knows how to close the sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxPVn0GAQg&feature=player_embedded#at=1664
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Bachmann's speech at Right Online
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41:23 AM »
Look mom, no teleprompter!

::thumbsup::

Seriously, she's come a long ways in 4 years.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »

I agree. I've always liked her, but I haven't always felt she had broad appeal. That feeling has so far kept me from believing she could pull off the nomination. But what I'm seeing from her lately seems to be supported by more substance. She's focused like a laser, and I'm even getting a hint of (hate this word, but here it is) gravitas. People wanting to label her as a dingbat will have a tough time if she continues with this kind of message discipline. And I think that once her fundraising numbers come in, the game changes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:09:52 AM »
I like her a lot.

My favorite of all announced candidates
Now if she can get some of that fire that Palin can inspire, she'll be real tough.

Unfortunately, I do think she's a bit of a long shot

I did see that she's almost even with Willard in Iowa. Hope I'm wrong

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
She's my second choice after Palin.

Although I think it would be much more awesome to have Palin as President and Bachmann as Speaker of the House.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:02 AM »
Something I found pretty funny as the "Morning Joe" crew were analysing Bachmann's performances on the week-end news shows ... Carpetbagger , Harold Ford Jr. stated that there was a lot he didn't know about Bachmann until this weekend , for instance that she's a lawyer . Well duh ! Harold graduated from law school in 1996 , the same year he was first elected to congress . Unfortunately , Harold failed the Tennessee Bar Examination and to date hasn't attemted to re-take it although he says he hopes to sometime in the future . It looks like there's a LOT of stuff Harold doesn't know !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 07:58:13 AM »

I agree. I've always liked her, but I haven't always felt she had broad appeal. That feeling has so far kept me from believing she could pull off the nomination. But what I'm seeing from her lately seems to be supported by more substance. She's focused like a laser, and I'm even getting a hint of (hate this word, but here it is) gravitas. People wanting to label her as a dingbat will have a tough time if she continues with this kind of message discipline. And I think that once her fundraising numbers come in, the game changes.

She is gaining ground fast and this kind of mementum can be infectious.  Look for the MFM attacks to start rolling in to keep pace.  We are so early in the process, but now is when foundations are laid and built upon.  So far it's looking good for her.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
She can take the same path as Palin, imo.

Not to sound sexist, but my two favorite candidates are women. It would be nice if one could win so we could have a real man in the White House.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »
Obamakov is one of those once in a lifetime clowns that makes "any of the above" a no-brainer.

But better is best, I don't want to settle.  At least with those two gals settling is an inapplicable term!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
She can take the same path as Palin, imo.

Not to sound sexist, but my two favorite candidates are women. It would be nice if one could win so we could have a real man in the White House.

Same here. For all the rhetoric from the feminazis, the hurdle to female candidates is not men. It's other women. The most strongly negative opinions about Palin et al comes from women. Britain had its Iron Lady, we could do with one here. The whole Western world could use a few.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 02:39:57 PM »
John Wayne Gacy  ay yi yi  ::unknowncomic::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »
John Wayne Gacy  ay yi yi  ::unknowncomic::

"Gacy-gate"  ::exitstageleft::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 03:15:41 PM »
This just might be the beginning of the end.  Let's face it.  Republicans don't get away with having that disease that affects most politicians. 

John Wayne was born in Winterset, and moved pretty early to Arizona.  He never lived in Waterloo.  Gacy did, for quite a long time, before moving back to Chicago and becoming famous.  There's no reason for her to fluff up herself, or her audience, by having to compare to others.  Let leftist trash do that.  This one ranks right up there with 57 states.   ::facepalm:: ::falldownshocked:: ::doh::

Meanwhile back in the Pawlenty camp...  ::newyear:: ::kissface:: ::guitar::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
How do you make that kind of mistake? Why such an unforced error?

Meanwhile...

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
OK, so she's not so good at geography.  She should just say she was tired.  Wasn't that Obama's excuse for "57 states"?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »
She's tough.  The best thing for her this week was Wallace's question.

The biggie is knocking Romney out.  If the girls or Cain or Rick don't perform a coup de gras on him he will be the Republican nominee for president. That's not speculation, that's the way the GOP operates.  

Remember the McCain!

I think Palin's goal is to do that.  He is Ruling Class, and they sent lawyers to Alaska and more and no help.  vendetta for God and Country and Family and the American way of life.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:41 PM »
You could be right on Palin Charles, I think she sees herself as being more influential at this point in time being outside the process than in it, so she could run interference and bedevil the Ruling Class stunts sure to reveal themselves if an acceptable Ruling Class nominee is strongly challenged by someone like Bachmann.  And it would continue to accrue her good credit to call upon sometime down the line, should she require it.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 07:39:29 PM »
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
Heh, good find rickl!

He a major league flake!

:P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:23:04 AM by Libertas »

charlesoakwood