Author Topic: Peoria under siege?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Peoria under siege?
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:lHzJ2PFQcMEJ:peoriachronicle.com/+http://peoriachronicle.com/&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

They were yelling threats to white residents. Things such as we need to kill alll the white people around here. They were physically intimidating anyone calling for help from the police.

Sounds like it's time to chlorinate the gene pool. ::overkill::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Peoria under siege?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
I tried clicking the link. It looks to me like google is trying to chlorinate this story from the Internet.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
I tried clicking the link. It looks to me like google is trying to chlorinate this story from the Internet.

It took forever for the gargoyle webcache page to load:

Peorians living in fear

This eye-witness account is from Paul Wilkinson, president of the Altamont Park Neighborhood Association:

Tonight, around 11 p.m., a group of at least 60-70 African American youth marched down one of the side streets (W. Thrush) to the 4 lane main drag (Sheridan). They were yelling threats to white residents. Things such as we need to kill alll the white people around here. They were physically intimidating anyone calling for help from the police. They were surrounding cars. Cars on the main drag had to slam on their brakes to either avoid the youth blocking not only all four lanes, but a large section of the side street as well. fights were breaking out among them. They were rushing residents who looked out their doors, going on to porches, yelling threats to people calling the police for help.

Cars were doing U turns on the streets just to avoid the mob, mostly male. One youth stated his grandfather was white and several assaulted him on the spot. One police officer answered the call. The youth split into two large groups, one heading north, the other south. They were also yelling racial threats to the police officer but he was outnumbered. Another police car did not show up until after the youth finally dispersed and the patty wagon (van) also eventually showed up.

Residents are very shaken, both black and white alike. This is the fifth large mob action in about a month with smaller groups of 10-12 are out threatening children and adults a few evenings a week or later into the night. The times vary, even occuring during the day. In talking to the police officer, they are short staffed. Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors. In other words buckle down, it’s not even safe to sit on your porch or go into your yards.

“The fifth large mob action in about a month.” Wow. This is really outrageous. Why is this neighborhood having to put up with this? “Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors”? Seriously? That’s the best we can do for our fellow citizens’ safety?

This needs to be addressed, and quickly.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
“Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors”? Seriously? That’s the best we can do for our fellow citizens’ safety?

"Get off my lawn"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »

Liberalism, it eventually gets sorted out; it's usually just not pleasant.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
Black yoot unemployment nearing 43%. Read this carefully: The figure is based on yoots willing to work and actively "looking for work."

http://andersonatlarge.typepad.com/andersonlarge/2011/05/black-unemployment-climbs-to-161-percent-trackingchange-change.html

Let's say that the real figure in Urban areas is closer to 60%. What else are they gonna do but take to the streets?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
“Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors”? Seriously? That’s the best we can do for our fellow citizens’ safety?

"Get off my lawn"

Shoot damn it shoot!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »
Black yoot unemployment nearing 43%. Read this carefully: The figure is based on yoots willing to work and actively "looking for work."

http://andersonatlarge.typepad.com/andersonlarge/2011/05/black-unemployment-climbs-to-161-percent-trackingchange-change.html

Let's say that the real figure in Urban areas is closer to 60%. What else are they gonna do but take to the streets?

The streets, that's where people unwilling to work have always been.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
Just an hour or so ago,I was thinkimg about this Peoria thimg and Gran Torino

I decided the ending was a real disappointment because the character was a victim of white guilt

I won't allow anyone to lay that on me

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »
Just an hour or so ago,I was thinkimg about this Peoria thimg and Gran Torino

I decided the ending was a real disappointment because the character was a victim of white guilt

I won't allow anyone to lay that on me

I didn't see ol' Clint as a victim of White guilt in that movie. I saw him as an old bigot whose experience in a neighborhood transformed into a ghetto caused his bigotry to fester to the point where he couldn't see beyond race until he had a reason. I didn't see him as sacrificing himself because of White guilt, but because he finally found someone and something worth sacrificing himself for. He was surely atoning for a lot of demons - some of them related to bigotry. But you remember his worthless children and grandchildren, his unquenched grief over the loss of his wife, his buried angst over deeds committed during war, constantly coughing up blood, and finally, all that juxtaposed against the kindness of his Korean neighbors. I never got White guilt from that movie. Just regret, finally overcome, and resolve to do good.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:39:18 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »

Perhaps that's the reason for Ron Paul sponsoring legislation for the legalization of pot.

Potheads are not known to riot.

Or do much of anything, actually, except lay around getting stoned and acquiring more pot.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
. . .
Potheads are not known to riot.

Or do much of anything, actually, except lay around getting stoned and acquiring more pot.

. . . or joining some "social networking" flash mob to steal some sh!t.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »
I too saw no white guilt in Eastwood's character.  I also did not see him as a bigot.

This was not about a man overcoming bigotry; a real bigot never would have been able to make the change that Eastwood's character did.  This was about a deeply embittered man, a man who was once willing to sacrifice his life to protect the values he believed in, only to see those values rejected by his family and many in his world.  A man who discovers, after he learns that he has a fatal illness, that his values still exist in a new generation and that he is again willing to sacrifice his life to protect them.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
I too saw no white guilt in Eastwood's character.  I also did not see him as a bigot.

This was not about a man overcoming bigotry; a real bigot never would have been able to make the change that Eastwood's character did.  This was about a deeply embittered man, a man who was once willing to sacrifice his life to protect the values he believed in, only to see those values rejected by his family and many in his world.  A man who discovers, after he learns that he has a fatal illness, that his values still exist in a new generation and that he is again willing to sacrifice his life to protect them.

::USA::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 02:42:20 AM »
If this story in true ( and I'm doubtful ) why didn't it make some national venue like FOX ?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »
I had to do some extensive "Googling" to get more info on this story . Although a local T.V. station ran a short news story about it , saying it made "national news" , the only thing I could find were numerous blog postings and the only eye-witness quoted in every blog post was Paul Wilkerson , the black president of the Altamont Park Neighborhood Association .

Altamont Park is a neighborhood which has an almost fifty-fifty black to white mix . A commentor on one of the blogs stated that his family had once lived in Altamont Park years ago but that today it's "a sh*t-hole" . Other blog commentors questioned why there was no national coverage of this incident if , indeed , it had happened at all . Something did happen but until a legitimate news organization investigates it , the whole thing will remain rather murky .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »
Feral scum on the prowl for whitey and news gets quashed?  If it was a hoax perpetrated by whitey to try to sully minorities the MFM would be all over that, thus I think the basis of the story is true, hence its cleansing from the web, but the size and extent of the lawlessness may be open for debate.  That it would exist at all is entirely unacceptable and highlights another reason for CCW!  But given the horsesh*t commie politics of that town, any conservative or independent (especially whites) should no longer be living anywhere neat those city limits, period.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
...Something did happen but until a legitimate news organization investigates it , the whole thing will remain rather murky .

So in other words, unless Fox reports on it, it didn't happen?

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
...Something did happen but until a legitimate news organization investigates it , the whole thing will remain rather murky .

So in other words, unless Fox reports on it, it didn't happen?

You know damned well that's not what I meant . I haven't seen even a whiff of reportage on this from the AP , Reuters or AFP . Until I do , I'll remain circumspect regarding the nature of this story . If it's 100% true then it's too big to get buried .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:15:44 AM by Sectionhand »