Author Topic: Inside The Delusional Mind: The Nancy Pelosi Interview  (Read 943 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Inside The Delusional Mind: The Nancy Pelosi Interview
« on: June 26, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »
So, the WaPo does this big interview with the former Head Hag of the House and it's a study in neurotic behavior and thinking.

Here's the LINK.

Selected bits:

“I feel comfortable about our ability to win it back,” Pelosi said in an interview, as she approached the six-month mark of being in the minority again. “I have a sense of responsibility to win it back, a plan to do so, and a confidence that it is very much possible to do so.”

Now this next one employs and old MFM trick which is usually directed against Republicans: The unattributed quote:

Democrats say privately that if she can’t deliver the majority back next year, Pelosi’s days as leader are probably over. And even if she does, they may decide it is time for a team of fresher faces.

Really? Which Democrats? They might be cowardly Democrats who wouldn't go on record but the WaPo could also be keeping the names out of the article for their own reasons.

Though her party lost a staggering 63 House seats in last year’s midterms — a defeat Pelosi blames on the economy, not the aggressive agenda she set — she insisted it is primed for 2012.

“A presidential year— that’s a completely different story,” she said.

Instead of having to defend Democratic seats in Republican territory, her party will be playing offense, Pelosi argued, zeroing in on the 60 GOP members who represent districts that Obama carried in 2008.

It's irrational thinking like this which made the 2010 losses so numerous. She actually thinks that Obama is 1) going to be re-elected and, 2) that he will sucker the same people a second time who will automatically vote for anyone with a (D) next to their name.

The thinking seems to be something along the lines of:

1) Presidential election year is coming up

2) ? ? ? ?

3) Democrat House majority!!!

Yeah, good luck with that.

She calls it [taking back the House] her “faith-based initiative,” and it is indeed an endeavor to make her fellow Democrats believe again.

Reminds me of another left wing faith based initiative, man made global warming. How's that one working out?

“If I were not effective, if I hadn’t passed health care and Wall Street [regulatory overhaul] and the rest, I would not have been the target that I was,” she said. “I came here to do a job. I didn’t come here to keep a job.”

I wonder how the deposed former House Democrats feel about this statement. They fell on their swords and paid the price. Pelosi had to switch offices and have her staff cut.

“It’s important to me that women young in politics — they’re coming out of the kitchen as I did — are not deterred because of sexism or chauvinism [or the idea that] you can say or do anything about a woman and people will believe it,” she said.

Yeah, right. Anyone out there think that Pelosi has ever wielded a spatula? This is one of the reasons that she gives for not resigning the leadership position, she's doing it for womankind. Uh-huh. Sure. Totally believable.

A sympathetic interview from an obvious fan writer for the WaPo. You should read some of the comments that follow the article. Some are quite funny.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:51:21 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Inside The Delusional Mind: The Nancy Pelosi Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:47:19 AM »
“It’s important to me that women young in politics — they’re coming out of the kitchen as I did — are not deterred because of sexism or chauvinism [or the idea that] you can say or do anything about a woman and people will believe it,” she said.

She supports Palin, then?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:25 AM »
The MSM could simply gather file snippets of her talking points and run them on the evening news whenever an issue comes up ... which means that she could go home to San Fransicko and pursue a hobby or something .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:54:17 AM »
She needs more face time in the MFM, really, someone this insane needs to be seen more often, really, I mean it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.