Author Topic: NY Gov Cuomo signs homo-sex marriage into law  (Read 1503 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
NY Gov Cuomo signs homo-sex marriage into law
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
NY Catholic Bishops Now Expect Efforts 'to Enact Gov't Sanctions Against Churches'

As New York enacted a law late Friday that legalizes same-sex marriage in the state, the Roman Catholic bishops of New York released a statement saying they now expect efforts to enact laws that go after churches that insist on teaching the "timeless truths" about marriage and family.

"We strongly uphold the Catholic Church's clear teaching that we always treat our homosexual brothers and sisters with respect, dignity and love," the bishops said.

"But we just as strongly affirm that marriage is the joining of one man and one woman in a lifelong, loving union that is open to children, ordered for the good of those children and the spouses themselves," the bishops said. "This definition cannot change, though we realize that our beliefs about the nature of marriage will continue to be ridiculed, and that some will even now attempt to enact government sanctions against churches and religious organizations that preach these timeless truths."

The statement was signed by the bishops of all eight Roman Catholic diocese in the state of New York, led by Archbishop Timothy Dolan of the Manhattan-based Archdiocese of New York.

It's not just the churches that will be targeted.  Any business or professional entity deemed to have turned away trade with homosexuals ~~ wedding photographers? ~~ will be hounded by anti-discrimination lawyers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NY Gov Cuomo signs homo-sex marriage into law
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »
NY has been doing a lot lately designed to flush their economy and society down the drain...I say anybody with half a brain left there should GTFO before the swirl pulls them down!  Let 'em destroy themselves and only themselves!

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
NY has been doing a lot lately designed to flush their economy and society down the drain...I say anybody with half a brain left there should GTFO before the swirl pulls them down!  Let 'em destroy themselves and only themselves!

I neglected to mention that a Republican majority legislature passed this law in NY.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
The wedding photographers, caterers, etc. should consider going Galt.  Just throw down their cameras, close their businesses, and walk away.  Then go on welfare and food stamps.  The government will no longer receive taxes from their businesses. 

Maybe the leftists aren't the only ones who can play the Cloward-Piven game.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »

I neglected to mention that a Republican majority legislature passed this law in NY.

I guess those would be Cloward-Piven Repub's, the Ruling Class pukes we have come to hate and detest.  They and Cuomo the Homo can go to hell.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »

I guess those would be Cloward-Piven Repub's, the Ruling Class pukes we have come to hate and detest.  They and Cuomo the Homo can go to hell.

It's a pretty short hike from NY anyway
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
Oh give me a home,
where the homos roam,
and the franks and the weiners play,
where seldom is heard,
a homophobic word,
and the vaseline is sold all day.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:01:57 AM by Predator Don »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:06 AM »
 ::hysterical::

Yeah, they can keep that home!

::puke::