Author Topic: Darth Soros Strikes Again  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Darth Soros Strikes Again
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:17:27 AM »
I keep telling people, this guy is public enemy #1, you have a psychotic clown with this much money and he will, not may, he will cause trouble!  And here we go again!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/critics-say-soros-trying-to-stack-courts/?test=latestnews

::gaah::

Will somebody please hogtie this bastard!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Darth Soros Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »
But a less well-known Soros priority -- replacing elections for judges with selection-by-committee -- now has critics accusing him of trying to stack the courts.

Most non-federal judges around the country are selected by voters in elections. But some states use a process called “merit selection” in which a committee – often made up of lawyers – appoints judges to the bench instead.

Soros has spent several million dollars in the past decade in an attempt to get more states to scrap elections and adopt the merit method. Supporters say it would allow judges to focus on interpreting the law rather than on raising campaign funds and winning elections.

“Merit selection would end the money race and get judges out of the fundraising business,” Lynn Marks, executive director of Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts -- a group that has received money from Soros’ Open Society Institute -- told FoxNews.com.

But critics say that if judges are picked by committee -- often, a committee of lawyers -- that will give left-wing judges the upper hand.

“The left can’t get their agenda through the legislatures anymore … so they think they can get their agenda through by taking over the courts,” attorney Colleen Pero, author of a new report titled "Hijacking Justice," told FoxNews.com.

Pero’s report found that Soros, through his Open Society Institute fund, has given $45 million over the last decade to “a campaign to reshape the judiciary.” But that number is hotly contested by Justice at Stake, the group that got the most Soros money.

“It’s a horrendously bogus distortion of numbers,” Charlie Hall, a spokesman for Justice at Stake, told FoxNews.com. Hall said the $45 million figure included groups that dealt with legal issues but had no position on merit selection. He added that he could only identify $2 million from Soros that went to groups that actively support replacing elections with “merit selection.”

In an analysis of the Open Society Institute's tax returns from the last ten years, FoxNews.com found more than $5 million was explicitly earmarked for projects about either "merit selection" or "judicial selection."

Hogtie ~~ not quite what I have in mind.

Something needs doing about this guy to stop his interference in this country's institutions and systems.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »

It does have something to do with judges and ropes though, doesn't it?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »

It does have something to do with judges and ropes though, doesn't it?

YES!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »
Perhaps I should have rephrased that...

You hold him!

;)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
Well, there's a messy story in Wisconsin about Prosser (who just won if you recall) and a female justice having a fight (some suspect she leaked the story).  Some conservatives are fearful that this will renew the call for judicial appointments rather than elected.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
That narrative will only benefit Soros and his minions.  Unfortunately the MFM is not reporting all the facts.  The woman in question I believe is the Chief Justice, and there are conflicting reports over who did what, who started it and if either party reacted defensively.  But the mere fact that there was a physical altercation of whatever degree is enough for the MFM & Soros minions to make hay with it.