Author Topic: Saudi Student Arrested in TX for Plotting Terrorist Attack Against GW Bush  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/saudi-student-arrested-in-tx-for-plotting-terrorist-attack-against-gw-bush/

Is this really news?  Isn't this something the left dreams about, comments about and makes films and posters about committing themselves? /

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Saudi Student Arrested in TX for Plotting Terrorist Attack Against GW Bush
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
   I guess we get to pay for another lawyer!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »
Yep.  Also, let's keep letting them in on "student" visas, by all means.

FBI agents also found a notebook at Aldawsari’s residence that appeared to be a diary or journal. According to the affidavit, excerpts from the journal indicate that Aldawsari had been planning to commit a terrorist attack in the United States for years. One entry describes how Aldawsari sought and obtained a particular scholarship because it allowed him to come directly to the United State and helped him financially, which he said “will help tremendously in providing me with the support I need for Jihad.” The entry continues: “And now, after mastering the English language, learning how to build explosives and continuous planning to target the infidel Americans, it is time for Jihad.”

In another entry, Aldawsari allegedly wrote that he was near to reaching his goal and near to getting weapons to use against infidels and their helpers. He also listed a “synopsis of important steps” that included obtaining a forged U.S. birth certificate; renting a car; using different driver’s licenses for each car rented; putting bombs in cars and taking them to different places during rush hour; and leaving the city for a safe place.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:30:55 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »

Aldawsari:
    "I excelled in my studies in high school in order to take advantage of an opportunity for a scholarship to America, offered by the Saululi [perjorative for Saudi royal family] government and its companies, so I applied with [Saudi industrial corporations], and with the Traitor of the Two Holy Places scholarship program and was accepted for all of them, thank God.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:44 AM »
 ::overkill::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »

Highlights the tribal differences.  He's a Shiite and hates the Sunni's as much as he hates us.
Haven't seen the tribal affliction of the 9/11 crew.  It would be interesting to know.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »
It also shows the mentality of these people. The end that motivates everything they do is the recreation of a 7th Century existence. This difference was pretty stark yesterday as I watched the space shuttle attain orbit. Our aspirations are in that direction, theirs are the artificial recreation of the Dark Ages.

He was studying chemical engineering. Maybe if they would use the education and skills they get back in their home countries to develop their own economies to the benefit of their fellows, rather than in single minded pursuit of suicidal destruction, well you get the idea. The political and material inequities that they always blame on the West are of their own damn creation because of this very mentality.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
It also shows the mentality of these people. The end that motivates everything they do is the recreation of a 7th Century existence. This difference was pretty stark yesterday as I watched the space shuttle attain orbit. Our aspirations are in that direction, theirs are the artificial recreation of the Dark Ages.

He was studying chemical engineering. Maybe if they would use the education and skills they get back in their home countries to develop their own economies to the benefit of their fellows, rather than in single minded pursuit of suicidal destruction, well you get the idea. The political and material inequities that they always blame on the West are of their own damn creation because of this very mentality.

Intelligent enough to become a chemical engineer but not smart enough to want to live. ::falldownshocked::
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
Maybe this isn't news to anybody else but it appears that all the islamists violently against America are Shiite.  I Binged Sunni bomber and the only bombers found we Sunni vs Shiite.  A multitude of Shiite violence vs little Sunni.   This is the conflict in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, today.  Is this a component the "experts" are overlooking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While seeking info this was accidentally clicked.
It is an invitation to enter the US greencard lottery!

http://html3.usagc.org/step1landing_eng.html?afk=AdpepnewPMUSAeng

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »
Maybe this isn't news to anybody else but it appears that all the islamists violently against America are Shiite.  I Binged Sunni bomber and the only bombers found we Sunni vs Shiite.  A multitude of Shiite violence vs little Sunni.   This is the conflict in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, today.  Is this a component the "experts" are overlooking?

I'm pretty sure the 9/11 nuts were Sunni.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure the 9/11 nuts were Sunni.

I'm thinking you're right, JF ......

Listen, the Sunni, the Shia and whatever other tribes exist are purported to hate each other to the exclusion of all else except infidels, but that's bullspit crap fed to us and propagated by the folks who also keep insisting islam is a religion of peace.  That piece of cognitive dissonance alone ought to warn against believing them about anything, because the entire nation of crazy that is islam will, has and is able conspire, plot and work cheek by jowl to defeat the Great and Little "satans".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, al Qaeda is a Sunni beast. Ya gotchyer bin Ladens, Zawahiris, Yemeni types on the one hand, and then ya gotchyer Al Sadrs, Ayatollahs, and Iranian types on the other.

They have their differences and their deep, long-running hatred of one another on the one hand. But the thing they have in common is what we should concern ourselves with - Islam and its Jihad against the infidel.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
Yes, bin Laden and his ilk are Sunnis. In school I had been more or less led to believe that the Sunnis were the "good Muslims" and the Shia were the "Batsh*t crazy bad Muslims", because at the time Iran was the principal adversary of the US, and our "allies" like Iraq and Saudi Arabia were Sunni for the most part.

In reality, they're all lunatic throwbacks to the 7th Century. Their hatred for each other is tempered only by their common hatred of us.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »
Yes, bin Laden and his ilk are Sunnis. In school I had been more or less led to believe that the Sunnis were the "good Muslims" and the Shia were the "Batsh*t crazy bad Muslims", because at the time Iran was the principal adversary of the US, and our "allies" like Iraq and Saudi Arabia were Sunni for the most part.

In reality, they're all lunatic throwbacks to the 7th Century. Their hatred for each other is tempered only by their common hatred of us.

They're all batshyt crazy when it comes to us. They may hate each other but they both hate us with a passion.Which is fine with me as long as we all know where we stand.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

When it comes to us, they all want us dead.  After they get rid of us, then they can concern themselves with each other.  In their world, they want to return to the caliphate of the 7th century.  Reading a news article about this jihadist, his fellow muslims at the mosque told the reporter they really did not know him, and their mosque was a moderate mosque that condemns violence and islam is really a religion of peace.  The more I learn about islam, them more I catalog them as a cult and not a true religion.