Author Topic: CA Taxes The Internet/Amazon Pulls The Plug/Liberals Act Surprised/Sun Rises  (Read 945 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
LINK

Glenn Richards, an independent recording artist in Orange County (MightyFleissRadio.com), is angry with Amazon and its head Jeff Bezos.
"I think that Amazon.com's decision to throw their affiliates, (including myself) under the bus is a national disgrace," Richards said. "Jeff Bezos should be ashamed of his conduct. His bully boy practice and tactics of extinguishing small business in California should be (condemned). Small business has no power...and no hope to confront Internet giants like Amazon.com."

Board of Equalization Member George Runner blasted Brown for signing the law. "Even as Governor Jerry Brown lifted his pen to sign this legislation, thousands of affiliates across California were losing their jobs. The so-called 'Amazon tax' is truly a lose-lose proposition for California. Not only won’t we see the promised revenues, we’ll actually lose income tax revenue as affiliates move to other states."

Boo.

Hoo.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
There will be at least 25 thousand affiliates in CA either go out of business or relocate (to Texas)! look at all the people losing jobs.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
 ::hysterical::

Leave it to Jerry and his kids to carve the last words in California's epitaph!

:P

GTFO!

::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.