Author Topic: Gov Perry shoots self in foot!  (Read 1008 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Gov Perry shoots self in foot!
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »
                                                        "Our friends in New York six weeks ago passed a statute that said marriage can be between two people of the same sex," explained Perry. "And you know what? That's New York, and that's their , and that's fine with me. That is their call. If you believe in the 10th Amendment, stay out of their business."

Combine this with knowledge that the man backed Al Gore 12 years ago says alot about what words come out of his pie hole. He's a politician first and foremost meaning he'll say anything for an approval from one group and another to different group. Don't we have that now in Congress. Strike three. Stay home Gov Perry.   ::bashing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Gov Perry shoots self in foot!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:05:27 AM »
His point was that gay marriage should be a state issue and not a federal issue, not an endorsement for gay marriage.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
I'm far from sold on Rick Perry.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
He supported Al f-cking Gore?

Next.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
He supported Al f-cking Gore?

Next.

When he was a Democrat.

His point was that gay marriage should be a state issue and not a federal issue, not an endorsement for gay marriage.

While I fully understand this position, he's missing the greater point.  It's not going to stay a States' issue if teh gayz can help it.  We well know by now the routine:  get "married" in a State that permits it, move to a State that doesn't and then sue for "equal protection under the law".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »

While I fully understand this position, he's missing the greater point.  It's not going to stay a States' issue if teh gayz can help it.  We well know by now the routine:  get "married" in a State that permits it, move to a State that doesn't and then sue for "equal protection under the law".

I believe, IMO, that Perry would fight to keep it at the state level. You're right in that the gay agenda is to make it a federal right.

hey, I'm not convinced that he would be our best candidate either. The fact that a lot of pundits are claiming that he could be the candidate that bridges the 'establishment repubs' along with the 'true conservative - tea party caucus' gives me concern. :(
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"