Author Topic: "Powder down" owl  (Read 774 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Powder down" owl
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:11:11 AM »

A woman returned from vacation to discover the imprint of an owl on her window. Resident Sally Arnold reports the bird was not found nearby so it was likely not harmed in the incident. The image was created due to "powder down" which is a protective substance on new feathers. (Photo: Sally Arnold)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/snapshots-week-of-june-3-1307133161-slideshow/;_ylt=Ak0akw4r.LJrv5h4.JjRjB1tzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTE2YXBqaGVvBHBrZwNpZC0zODA3OTIEcG9zAzQEc2VjA01lZGlhSENNBHZlcgM1;_ylg=X3oDMTJsOWdkcDU3BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDZjA1OTI1NGQtOTdmYi0zOWE1LThjMWItYzJlNGM4Nzg3MGE4BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

24 of 69
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: "Powder down" owl
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »
That is cool. It has a very ghostly look to it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »
That would get my attention at night with backlighting.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:35:59 PM »
Had an owl hit my truck just behind the windshield one nite last fall. I almost crapped my pants thinking he was going to come in the driver's window that was down. He just kind of slid towards the back of my truck.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
Huh, had small birds try to fly through windows before, were quite dazed and surprised to find themselves resting in my hand.  Once the marbles stopped rolling they flew off OK.  I'm surprised a bird of that size didn't break the window, must not have been flying too fast and looks like he was pulling up and created the full body print.  Lucky bird.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.