Author Topic: Prayer request  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Prayer request
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »
Surgery tomorrow.

Prayers and good thoughts that all goes well.

You got it. best wishes for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
Surgery tomorrow.

Prayers and good thoughts that all goes well.

You got it. best wishes for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery!

From this corner as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 12:48:15 AM »
Just saw this. May God bless you and your daughter. May all go well.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
 ::grouphug::

Thanks all!

She's doing fine.  She's sore and tired but on the mend. 

And because nothing is ever easy...or maybe we're just not sheeple...:

I stayed in her room for her one night stay.  When the nurse told her I had to leave for the night (this at 11:15 pm)my daughter lost it (as in crying uncontrollably because she's full of drugs) and the nurse said it was the hospital rule.  My daughter announced (as in yelling and pointing at me) my mother is not leaving !  (hmmm...her mother's daughter all right...she knew she was vulnerable and needed an advocate)...the nurse said ok but I'll have to notify someone.  My daughter told me later-- I didn't care who the heck she had to notify you weren't leaving. My daughter's usually pretty quiet and easy going and avoids conflict if she can.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »
Glad she is doing well. My two relatives who had gall bladder surgery recovered from it just fine, probably the biggest thing she'll need to watch out for is that for a while afterward she will want to avoid too much fat in her diet. Apparently the gall bladder plays a big role in breaking down fats and it takes the body a while to adjust after surgery.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
Glad she is doing well. My two relatives who had gall bladder surgery recovered from it just fine, probably the biggest thing she'll need to watch out for is that for a while afterward she will want to avoid too much fat in her diet. Apparently the gall bladder plays a big role in breaking down fats and it takes the body a while to adjust after surgery.

I was aware of that and told her.  Weird thing on discharge they told her she had no dietary restrictions. .. ok maybe she doesn't need any but a warning would have been appropriate.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
::grouphug::

Thanks all!

She's doing fine.  She's sore and tired but on the mend. 

And because nothing is ever easy...or maybe we're just not sheeple...:

I stayed in her room for her one night stay.  When the nurse told her I had to leave for the night (this at 11:15 pm)my daughter lost it (as in crying uncontrollably because she's full of drugs) and the nurse said it was the hospital rule.  My daughter announced (as in yelling and pointing at me) my mother is not leaving !  (hmmm...her mother's daughter all right...she knew she was vulnerable and needed an advocate)...the nurse said ok but I'll have to notify someone.  My daughter told me later-- I didn't care who the heck she had to notify you weren't leaving. My daughter's usually pretty quiet and easy going and avoids conflict if she can.

Damn straight!

Good to hear she's on the mend.

I was fit to be tied when I realized my Father and my brother left my Mother in the hospital alone once she was brought back to her room after major surgery a couple years ago.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »
Good for her! Stand you ground honey they don't control you. ::rockethrow::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 11:30:30 PM »
Glad everything went well. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
Good news!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.