Author Topic: Uh, Guys?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Uh, Guys?
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
Letter From Astronauts and Apollo Veterans Regarding Space Shuttle Retirement and Risk to ISS Operations
The Space Shuttle fleet is the only spacecraft, now operating or under development, that is equipped with the airlocks, life support supplies and robotic arm needed to support the required two-person spacewalking repair crews. We believe the Space Shuttle fleet should be kept in service to provide the capability of independent repair spacewalks in the event that the International Space Station is crippled by a systems failure or accident. The Space Shuttles would also be available to support one or two logistics and science missions per year, provide unmatched capacity to return components and scientific experiments to Earth (with low gravitational loads on crew and cargo during reentry) and extend the reliability of space station operations with a Service Life Extension Program.

Hat tip Transterrestrial Musings.  There are some great comments there; some are hilarious, and all are worth reading.  My favorite:
They’re just at the “Bargaining” stage of the Five Stages of Grief.

They’ve been through Denial and Anger; Next comes Depression, then Acceptance.
::hysterical::

Alas, I'm still unable to comment at TTM due to some sort of mysterious glitch with my IP address.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:20:19 PM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Uh, Guys?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
Didn't they get the memo that we are now dependent upon Rooskie rockets.  Last I heard their capsules had airlocks...right?

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Uh, Guys?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »

ssssssssssssssst, and the are air tight. 
                                                          right now