Author Topic: The Rand Paul smackdown  (Read 2300 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The Rand Paul smackdown
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:13:05 PM »
Begins here. ::beertoast::

Smackdown!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: The Rand Paul smackdown
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
Remember that none of these idiotic, draconian measures would have been initiated if not for the left, but none would have succeeded without help from the right.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
That's the Paul who should be running

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

If we have a nation remaining, in the wings are Paul and Rubio and others we don't know yet.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »

If we have a nation remaining, in the wings are Paul and Rubio and others we don't know yet.

Thank God for that!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »

Thank God for that!!

Amen. We can only pray there are a LOT more.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »
Paul is great.

George W. Bush signed the incandescent lightbulb ban and laws that put unrealistic and non-consumer-friendly future standards on energy consumption. He was a fan of Global warming junk science.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »
Paul is great.

George W. Bush signed the incandescent lightbulb ban and laws that put unrealistic and non-consumer-friendly future standards on energy consumption. He was a fan of Global warming junk science.

For which, by the way, I can thank him for not being able to acquire any more 25W bulbs.  Neither Lowes, nor WalMart nor Ace Hardware had them.  See me cussing a blue streak in the store.

40 Watts are next to be phased out, so be aware.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
And where is the Republican majority in the House on repealing this nonsense?  I would think it would be a no-brainer, and would have wide bipartisan support both in Congress and among the general population.  Only the hardcore greenies would oppose it.

You don't suppose they're leaving it in place in order to have a campaign issue to bash Democrats with?  Nah, that would be cynical.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »

It's not a no-brainer, it's a no-Boehner.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
And where is the Republican majority in the House on repealing this nonsense?  I would think it would be a no-brainer, and would have wide bipartisan support both in Congress and among the general population.  Only the hardcore greenies would oppose it.

You don't suppose they're leaving it in place in order to have a campaign issue to bash Democrats with?  Nah, that would be cynical.

I've wondered the same thing. The new Congress should have started off repealing ridiculous nonsense like this, because as you point out there's widespread ridicule of it among the broader population, and it would also put the Democrats in the position of having to articulate why it's so important that the outlawing of an iconic American invention continue full speed ahead.

Is it any wonder why we're in such dire straits on practically every front, as a country? The supposed party of opposition can't even seize fruit so low-hanging that it's dragging the ground at their feet.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »

It's not a no-brainer, it's a no-Boehner.

::thumbsup::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »
Begins here. ::beertoast::

Smackdown!

That there are not 99 more Senators and 435 Representatives in agreement with Rand shows just how fvcked up this nation is.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.