Author Topic: Another fine example of Big Labor civility  (Read 3551 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Another fine example of Big Labor civility
« on: February 24, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »
At AFSCME’s “solidarity” rally in Providence, Rhode Island on Tuesday, a cameraman was accosted by a fuming pro-union protester. The cameraman had his back to the goon, who appears to accost him unprovoked.

The goon screams:

Go to Malkin's site to find out.

eta:  No good, Glock.  The filter won't allow it and keeps replacing the g's with ampersands.

The link works now because it directs to her main page.  This story is right there on it.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:29:22 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Another fine example of Big Labor civility
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
Bad link Pan.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:09:33 PM »
The profanity filter is filtering out "the F word", no not that one, the new one that's even worse!

Replace the ampersands in the URL with g
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »
Eh, what can I say? How often are we gonna run across a link with the word faggot in it?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:04:14 PM »
Might be more often than we think now that uncivil events appear to be escalating rapidly, but, in any case, I say

NO SWEATSKI.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
Eh, what can I say? How often are we gonna run across a link with the word fa&&ot in it?

Depends on how many times we end up showing union civil meetings.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

Did he just say,...I got your back? ::unknowncomic::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
When will they be called out for being "knuckle dragging, uneducated, homophobic bigots"?

Oh yeah, never.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 10:31:02 PM »
The profanity filter is filtering out "the F word", no not that one, the new one that's even worse!

Cracks me up.  That word was used all the time when I was in junior high school. 
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
And has more than one meaning, I might add:

Brit for cigarette

Bundle of kindling

Goldammy bullspit that the homos have appropriated the word as they have "gay".

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »
OT story relating to "homo":

In the grocery store the other day wanting milk.  Dairy manager tells me the regular dairy guy was out on vacation the previous week and the sub screwed up the order so they placed a special rush order and all the milk - 2%, skim and HOMO - would be delivered on the morrow.

I let it pass for a minute.  Then I said to him, "are you aware that what you just said might be misinterpreted by certain easily-offended individuals?".  He just laughed and explained that's how they refer to whole milk.  "Nevertheless", I pointed out, "in today's climate, keeping that up makes you a "discrimination" lawsuit looking to happen, so just beware".

Maybe I shouldn't have done it; it felt like muzzling an innocent, and did not help to contribute in the positive to the issue of free speech.  Just maybe, folks like him need to be bit by the PC monster in order to grasp just how out of control the culture's gotten.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »

Cracks me up.  That word was used all the time when I was in junior high school. 

Yes same here. It was a catch-all insult that rarely even had a homo connotation. This is not just our imagination either, because if you watch movies from the 80s and earlier, you'll hear it used casually in this manner. It was not until sometime around the mid-90s that the PC crusaders managed to brand a scarlet letter onto anyone who uttered it.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »

It's a queer world when an accurate and scientific word "homosexual" is considered a perjoritive and an offense prosecutable by the law.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »

Brit for cigarette

Bundle of kindling

The Tolkien characters were constantly burning faggots to keep warm in the wilderness. I insinuate no double entendre. It's just a plain fact. Words that have always meant something don't stop meaning what they mean because homosexuals claim the word mean homosexual.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »

Brit for cigarette

Bundle of kindling

The Tolkien characters were constantly burning fa&&ots to keep warm in the wilderness. I insinuate no double entendre. It's just a plain fact. Words that have always meant something don't stop meaning what they mean because homosexuals claim the word mean homosexual.

Having grown up in Canada I found it interesting that both sides of the border spoke English but words didn't mean the same thing in both Countries. IE A fag in Canada was a cigarette and a bum was and azz.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »
...Having grown up in Canada I found it interesting that both sides of the border spoke English but words didn't mean the same thing in both Countries. IE A fag in Canada was a cigarette and a bum was and azz.

Hmmm... So.... does that mean when a Canadian wants to bum a cigarette they ask, "Can I ass a fag?"

::thinking:: ::pimp::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
...Having grown up in Canada I found it interesting that both sides of the border spoke English but words didn't mean the same thing in both Countries. IE A fag in Canada was a cigarette and a bum was and azz.

Hmmm... So.... does that mean when a Canadian wants to bum a cigarette they ask, "Can I ass a fag?"

::thinking:: ::pimp::
  You can mooch a fag but you can't bum one there. What you do with a fag is up to you. ::unknowncomic::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
I believe it was Winston Churchill who called the Americans and British "two peoples separated by a common language".

There's a few other words that mean entirely different things in Britain (and possibly the Commonwealth):

fanny - in Britain this is slang for, uh, lady parts

spunk - in Britain this is slang for, uh, the male contribution to pregnancy

randy - British slang for horny. They must find it hilarious that Americans are often named Randy

Sometimes works the other way too:

In Britain to "knock up" is to wake up, though of course in the US it means something else entirely. Imagine the reaction of hearing a British chick say "knock me up early tomorrow"

- Yours Truly